CH | 36

Mayra gripped her mobile tightly while her face turned pale, and she barely managed to mumble, "Is Mihir...Is he ill?"

"Yes, Miss. We don't have much time as he's bleeding. Can you make it quick?" The woman asked, and Mayra immediately uttered while she took a deep breath, "Alright. I will be there in half an hour."

"That's okay, but try to come as soon as possible. We will make arrangements in the meantime." She said and hung up, leaving Mayra miserable.

Without wasting another second, Mayra ran out of the college on her wobbled legs while fresh tears dropped from her eyes, and she muttered repeatedly, "Mihir, please stay safe!"

By the time she reached the car, she was panting and was unable to say a word but managed to say to the chauffeur, "First people's hospital."

He glanced at her troublesome appearance warily, but nodded when Mayra urged, "Take me quickly please."

Mayra leaned her head onto the headrest while her hands trembled, and she was struggling to keep her composure as she didn't understand what happened to Mihir because he was fine yesterday. Wasn't he?

When the car came to a screeching halt, Mayra sprinted towards the hospital entrance leaving the driver dumbfounded and he managed to follow Mayra as she looked utterly devastated.

Her footsteps paused at the reception and she enquired while panting heavily, "Mihir?"

"One second, Mam. Is he Mihir Kashyap?" The receptionist asked when Mayra nodded hurriedly.

"He is in the emergency ward. You can go straight, take left, and then the second right and go straight. On your left, you will see it."

As soon as she said it, Mayra ran while the driver ran behind her as Ishaan instructed him to keep her safe.

"Emergency ward," Mayra muttered while she ran until she almost collapsed but when she raised her eyes, she was already there.

Just when she was hesitating on what to do, a nurse came out and Mayra instantly walked to her and queried, "Mihir?"

"Are you his relative, Miss?" The nurse asked when Mayra mumbled, "Yes. How is he?"

"Wait. Let me call the lead doctor." The nurse vanished leaving her and she didn't know what to do as everything was becoming too much for her to handle.

Losing Mihir was out of the equation as he was the only family she had.

However, she couldn't help but wonder, "Why did he even bleed? He had heart disease know?"

In the next minute, the doctor dressed in a white coat came outside and Mayra strode to him with panic clearly visible in her eyes, "Doctor, Mihir?"

The doctor nodded, "He needs immediate surgery, Miss. We temporarily stopped the bleeding in his brain, but it won't be able to stabilize him."

Hearing his words didn't let her worries reduce, instead, they heightened and her heart felt as if it was stabbed by a sharp knife mercilessly, "Brain? What happened to him?"

"Accident. He had a brain hemorrhage. So, you better hurry and decide on what to do." He said calmly and she gasped, "Accident?"

She bit her quivering lower lip and finally muttered with some struggle, "Then do the operation, doctor."

He nodded, "Then first deposit the fees and we will arrange for the surgery."

"Fees?" She asked blankly and he stated, "Yes. That was our hospital rule, Miss."

Mayra nodded and queried with furrowed brows, "May I know the approximate amount and in how much time I should pay?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure. You can show this file to the front desk and they will help you. But it will certainly cost around 500,000 rupees. And he can wait for a few more hours. At most three."