CH | 57

"Ishaan, why are you doing this?" Mayra grumbled and scrunched her nose up when Ishaan lifted his brows and glared at her, his lips pursed into a thin line, and a frown danced on his face.

"What did I do now?" Ishaan asked while he tapped his fingers on the table lazily, and his voice was gruff which made her shudder with how intense it was, yet she didn't back down as she was hell-bent on making him surrender to her wish.

"Don't you know?" She humphed when he put on a stern face and growled, "Kitten?"

"Take me back, please. Do the discharge formalities." She stated, her eyes gleamed, hoping he would agree, but who was she kidding? It was Ishaan Malhotra she was dealing with.

"I've said it again and again, Kitten. I'm not going to do it. I don't understand why you're so keen on pushing my limits today." Ishaan huffed, annoyed at the way she was behaving like a brat and his hands were itching to teach her a lesson by making her moan when he turned her ass red.

"Am I pushing your limits? I think it's the other way around." Mayra muttered, her voice was firm even though she was exhausted and needed rest.

With that said, she tried to grab her mobile when Ishaan asked, his voice was so intimidating that made her movements pause, "What do you think you are doing now?"

Mayra squinted her eyes, sunk her teeth into her lower lip, and stammered, "I... I'm going to play a game."

Ishaan ran his fingers through his messy hair and stated, the edge in his voice made her insides quiver, "Do you really think you could lie to me, Kitten?"

Hearing his words, Mayra gulped, "I'm not."

"Enough. Just stay for one day, Okay. I'd take you back once the doctor said you were perfectly alright." Ishaan said and turned around, his cold back was facing her front, making her pout as annoyance filled her insides.

Mayra yelled, "Why are you grounding me? I'm not a kid!"

Ishaan inhaled a chunk of air to control himself and mumbled, "Kitten. I'm a little busy right now. I'll come to you once my calls are finished. Take rest till then."

With that said, he faced his laptop while she was lying on the hospital bed beside him and made faces when Ishaan was handling business affairs.

Seeing he was so engrossed, her lips curled upwards and she carefully took the drip on her hands off and stepped down from the bed.

However, just when she thought of tiptoeing, Ishaan's serious voice startled her, "What do you think you are doing?"

Mayra instantly plastered a smile on her face and raised her head. When she took in his clenched jaw, she muttered coolly, "Uf. Why are you so annoying? I'm going to the washroom."

Ishaan remained silent for a second and queried with knitted brows, "Can you walk?"

Listening to his stupid question, she didn't know whether to laugh or cry and snapped, "Of course. I had an allergy. Not a fractured leg!"

With a slight pause, she added while a look of disbelief danced on her pale face, "Why can't I walk? You're seriously... ugh, such a pain."

Ishaan's eyes darkened and he barked, frustrated that she wasn't allowing him to do his work, "What the fuck? When did I become a pain?"

In fact, he wouldn't mind it if it's not too important.

But to his annoyance, she picked up the exact day when things needed his immediate presence to show her temper.

Mayra didn't say anything and glared at his irked face when he shook his head, "Seriously, Kitten? You're taking it too far. Shut it already, okay?"

As soon as he said that, Mayra lost it and screamed, "Am I taking it too far? You're the one taking it too far by doing all these weird things now."