CH | 25

Mayra wiped the sweat off her forehead and called excitedly, "Mihir, help me arrange the dishes. I'd clean the kitchen first and then we all can eat dinner."

In the next second, Mihir yelled, "alright. I'm coming, Mayra!"

But to Mihir's surprise, Tanuj stood up and mumbled hastily, "Let me help her."

While Mihir was still in a state of shock, Tanuj strode towards their small kitchen, and Mihir sighed.

Moreover, he never thought Tanuj who had servants to take care of his every need would volunteer to help Mayra in the kitchen.

As the realization dawned on him, he didn't know whether to feel happy or sad for Mayra and Tanuj because he was aware of Tanuj's noble background.

And that bugged him because he was sure his family would treat Mayra as a mistress's daughter, as he personally witnessed their attitude three years ago.

So, Mihir was certain, that Mayra would never be happy if she was with Tanuj as the tag of mistress children would never get wiped away from their lives, and that was the biggest burden he and Mayra were destined to bear their whole life.

So all he hoped for Mayra was to get a man who was capable enough to protect her from all the harm as the Rathore family was quite against them and he didn't know when trouble would come knocking on their door.

On the other hand, Tanuj froze upon eyeing Mayra doing chores with ease, as he didn't how to do them and a frown danced on his face.

Although his lips curled slightly upwards as he was enjoying watching her. Only he knew, how much he missed seeing her and being with her all these years!

He was almost tempted to hug her from behind as his hands were itching him to do something, to feel her in his embrace and close to him, but in the end, he didn't!

When he was in his thoughts, Mayra abruptly turned around, and they were just a few inches apart, and the atmosphere around them turned ambiguous.

Taking a glance at the innocent Mayra in front of him, he knew he was a lost cause as his heart began thrumming so hard, while his lower body reacted, and he feared he would do something irrational to her and would lose his chance.

With that, he cleared his throat and called her, his voice turned husky and dried up all of a sudden with the heat in his system, "Mayra, you needed help?"

Mayra was stunned and blinked rapidly, trying to get a grip on herself because she still couldn't quite get the image of them almost kissing out of her head.

It took her a while to react and she swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded dumbly.

With a sigh, she opened her mouth, but nothing came out of her, and she almost had an urge to smack herself for her foolishness.

However, she didn't miss the smug smirk dancing on his handsome face and took a deep breath to say something, but she ended up stammering, "Ugh, um... could you maybe help me place these dishes on the table."

"I'd love to!" Tanuj winked at her, shocking the hell out of her.

The moment he was out, she patted her cheeks as she was sure they would turn a deep shade of red while a silly smile danced on her face.

"That was close!" She exclaimed under her breath and shook her head.

But nothing was calming her insides, and she grabbed a nearby water bottle and gulped huge chunks of water in an attempt to distract herself as she felt all hot and bothered all of a sudden.

However, to her surprise, Ishaan's face suddenly popped up in her head, and she couldn't help but reminisce about their crazy passionate night and how he roughly took her throbbing cunt.