CH | 30

Mayra was in a state of shock and she couldn't believe everything that happened to her an hour ago was real.

But eyeing her surroundings and the cold prison room the reality of being arrested begins to sink in.

As the understanding dawned on her that she was accused as a thief and that there was not even a soul that believed in her nor could help her, she felt all her hopes come crashing down.

Mayra shook her head and struggled hard to not let those pesky tears come out of her already blurred eyes, and muttered under her breath, her voice cracking, "No, I didn't do anything. They can't keep me arrested like this!"

But who was she kidding?

However, she was not going to give in and banged on the door as much as she could and yelled with all her might, "Sir, release me. I was framed! I didn't do anything."

"Please get me out!"

"I'm innocent!"

However, none of her pleas were answered and she fell down onto the floor in a thud while she leaned her head onto the gray walls, devastated.

"How is Mihir doing? He must be heartbroken if he saw the news." She mumbled and wiped her tears and closed her eyes shut.

They had taken her phone and belongings away and she had no way to contact the outer world.

All color on her face drained and she felt her life, which she struggled so hard to build up till now was suddenly crumpled right in front of her eyes and there was nothing she could do. 

Except to let it happen?

Mayra felt ridiculous and a mocking chuckle escaped her lips as if she was laughing at her disastrous fate.

...

The news about the incident had spread wildly and in no time it reached Mihir's ears as it was practically kept in the headlines and was trending on social media too.

The moment Mihir noticed it was Mayra they were all talking about, he felt the earth beneath his legs trembled and he dropped onto the chair, too shocked to even say anything, while his body shook in anxiety and pain.

"Oh my god, Mayra. What was going on with you?" He muttered under his breath while his face turned pale.

He patted his cheeks lightly to remain sane and began running, "no! I must get you out first! Don't worry, Sister. I'm coming to you."

In no time, he hopped out of the car and sprinted towards the police station where was Mayra kept. He didn't bother how miserable he looked because all he could see was Mayra's tears and how they dragged her and put her in a Police car with cuffs on.

He quickly went to a police officer and stated frantically, "Where is Mayra? She... she is my sister. How is she doing? Let me see her first, please Sir."

His voice trembled although he managed to keep it firm. But the officer just raised his brows and looked at Mihir amused, "so you are her brother, huh?"

"Yes, yes. Please take me to her, Sir." Mihir pleaded as he want to make sure Mayra was doing alright. Only then he can go out and arrange for a lawyer and bail procedures without any distractions.

"Not going to happen." The officer declared sternly, leaving Mihir frozen in his spot. He stared wide eyed, not knowing what to say or do for a second, but he ended up blurting, "what? Why?"

"The visiting hours were over just ten minutes ago. It's a pity though." The officer said calmly, the smirk on his face wasn't missed by Mihir.

Although his blood boiled, there was nothing he could do because he knew he shouldn't act recklessly as he was the only one who can fight for Mayra from outside.