CH | 39

Mayra rested her head on Mihir's bed while she held his palm in her hands and closed her eyes as exhaustion filled her insides.

To her surprise, she felt Mihir squeeze her hand and snapped her eyes open almost instantly, and noticed Mihir's struggle to open his eyes.

Her lips curled upwards, and her eyes gleamed while she cooed, "I'm here, Mihir. You are all right."

And that certainly did the trick as he inhaled a deep breath and opened his eyes slowly while a weak smile was plastered on his pale face.

Seeing him awake, she almost had an urge to jump but controlled herself and queried softly, "How are you feeling, Mihir?"

Mihir opened his mouth and tried to say something but his dry throat didn't let him. With a sigh, he signaled to get him some water.

Mayra nodded and poured a glass of water and took it to his mouth. After he gulped a few sips, he waved his hands and she placed it on the bedside table.

"What time is it?" Mihir asked, his voice hoarse from how long he was sleeping.

"Ten o'clock," Mayra mumbled while she carefully ruffled his disheveled hair.

As soon as he heard that, he narrowed his eyes and blurted, "Morning or night?"

"Night, Mihir. It's still the same day." Mayra added when he gave a faint nod.

Eyeing him, she stroked his forearm, "how are you feeling now?"

"Better." He murmured and skimmed at her swollen orbs. With one glance at her, he knew she must have cried so hard for him and he licked his lips before he mumbled softly, "Sorry for scaring you, Mayra."

"It's alright, Mihir. You are okay now, and that was all that mattered to me." Mayra cooed and he nodded.

With a slight pause, she added, "Moreover, this isn't the first time you opened your eyes. You did that three times earlier but fell asleep right after the doctor did a thorough check-up on you."

He hummed, "What happened to me?"

Mayra fiddled with her fingers but blurted as they wouldn't hide things from one another, "Apparently, you hit your brain, and it caused a hemorrhage. The doctor performed surgery on you, and you're all good now."

"Wow. I didn't know it was that terrible." He chuckled while Mayra raised her brows and glared at him.

"Ahem.." He fake coughed and queried, "It was brain related. So, it must cost a lot, right Mayra?"

Mayra nodded, not liking where this discussion was going.

"Then who paid for it? I mean I know we didn't have enough money. Then how did it happen so quickly?" Mihir's voice reverberated in her ear and she was at a loss as she didn't know what to say.

Seeing her troublesome expression, he held her hand, "Say it, already."

She pursed her lips and whispered softly, "Ishaan helped."

As soon as she said that, he raised his brows and stared at her. His expression didn't look too pleased, and Mayra knew it better to not push the conversation any further, or it might backfire on her.

With that, she immediately added, "Come on, take some rest. We can talk about it later."

"I'm fine. Stay." Mihir said firmly. Although he is weak, he didn't give her any way to escape making her restless and she squirmed in her seat.

"Why did he help you? Several lakhs of rupees isn't a small amount, Mayra. What was his purpose?" He asked annoyed.

Mayra shook her head, "it's not for free, Mihir. I will pay him slowly maybe in installments."