CH | 15

By the time Mayra got down from her bus, her mood was still distraught since she lost her job, and it was in the middle of the month, and she still need to earn for their living expenses and medical expenses.

Thinking about all of it made a depressing sigh escape her lips.

Having no choice, she shook her head and took a deep breath to not let her thoughts run wild while hoping her brother to succeed in whatever game application he was developing as that was her only hope until she gets to find another part time job to balance out their expenses.

Fortunately, both Mayra and Mihir were promising students in their colleges, and both successfully achieved scholarships which reduced their burdens to some extent, but Mihir being mostly sick, wouldn't let them have any savings, and they were always back to zero, struggling to make ends meet!

Although Mihir wanted to help his sister and reduce her burdens, he shouldn't go out and over exert himself, or else god knows when he would get a severe stroke and end up dying.

With that, he gave up fighting with Mayra because by then she would become all alone and he definitely didn't want that.

And as he was idle in the house while she worked various jobs, he began developing a game as he was a gem in computers and programming.

Fortunately, he had good connections with other branch toppers and with the help of a few members who outperformed in the animation, graphics, and design departments came together as they all thought this idea would work!

And after a painful six months, they managed to complete most of the project and finally started for looking investors.

Mayra slowly walked to her home and noticed Mihir was already sitting on the small sofa in the living room, and his expression wasn't looking very good either.

Alarmed, she quickly came to him and checked his body temperature by putting her hand on his forehead and cheeks when he stared at her as if she had gone crazy and let out a low chuckle.

Eyeing the amused expression on his face, she pouted and shrugged, "I was worried seeing you like this and thought you were sick! So, don't make fun of me now!"

Mihir pinched her cheek and pulled her down when she huffed while rubbed her cheeks a little pitifully, while her eyes threw daggers at Mihir and he raised his hands in the air in surrender.

Seeing that, she relaxed and queried, "what's wrong, Mihir?"

Hearing her question, he stiffened a little and crossed his long legs on one another, and muttered dejectedly, "it didn't end well, sweetheart. They were demanding more and were offering very little to us. So, we rejected it!"

As soon as he finished saying, her jaw dropped as realization sunk in that her hopes were once again brutally crushed by reality.

But she regained her composure quickly and gave him a warm hug, "it's alright, Mihir. There's no rush! You can crack a perfect deal real soon!"

"I hope so too, Mayra!" Mihir mumbled as he patted her back lovingly.

His eyes turned dim as he knew she couldn't get a break from her part-time works again, and the determination to do his best to reduce her burdens settled in his heart!

...

Mayra came to her college and was absent minded in her classes. To top it off, her best friend was out of town for the past few days, and all disasters in her life apparently came in this span!

Having no one to share her heart with, she was becoming more miserable. But one particular notice caught her attention as she was walking lazily in the corridors.