CHAPTER NINE: BULLET TO THE HEART

Stiles and I were pissed at Scott

And not just because he had ignored us the entire day, which we found out was to of course hang out with Allison, but because when he wasn't there, a wolf showed up and attacked our dad - something he should have been there to help prevent. Stiles had told me he was going to not be talking to Scott at all, and if I'd chose to speak to him, I'd have to speak for him. So when Scott walked into class, I glared at him, from my usual seat besides my brother, and knew I'd probably be having to do the speaking for the both of us.

Scott rushed into class, and took the seat behind Stiles. "Madison. Madison." He hissed at me and I rolled my eyes before turning around.

"What?"

"Is he still not talking to me?" He questioned, referring to my brother.

"No. And you're lucky I am." I tell him.

Scott sighs. "Well...is your dad ok? It's just a bruise right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that...big."

I shake my head at him, turning back around. My 'crush' for him at the moment was currently non existent and I couldn't believe how quickly it had dwindled.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right guys?" Scott questions, but neither of us respond or even turn to look at him. "Ok, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and...that I went to Derek for help?"

"I'd say that's the first smart thing you've done since you've been bitten." I respond.

Stiles' head jolts in my direction. "What, are you serious? We can't trust him."

"We don't have to trust him, but we do need him. He's the only one other than the Alpha who knows about being a werewolf." I explain and Stiles now rolls his eyes at me as if I've done something wrong. "What did Derek say?" I turn around now to face Scott.

Scott shrugs. "He wants me to tap into my animal side and get angry."

"He wants you to what?" Stiles exclaims, turning around to acknowledge Scott's presence for the first time today, and Scott tries to hide the smile on his face.

"Ok, but literally everytime you 'tap into your angry side' you try to kill someone - usually us." My finger darts between Stiles and I.

"I know. That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it." Scott says.

My brother furrows his brows. "Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?"

Scott shrugs again. "I don't know. I don't think he does either."

"Well that's helpful." I scrunch my brows.

Stiles rolls his head. "Okay. When are you gonna see him again?"

"Just told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day-" Scott rants.

"Dude, when?" Stiles cuts him off.