CHAPTER TWELVE: COCKTAIL

"Oh god! Oh my god!" Lydia screams, from behind Jackson, as watch screws from the door begin to knock out, and the chairs begin to rattle, almost about to drop and once they do - we're done for

"The kitchen, the door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell." Stiles tells us, eyes still glued to the door.

"Which only goes up!" Scott exclaims.

"Anywhere is better than here!" I argue back.

The door begins to properly break open, and we don't spend anymore time standing and thinking about what to do, and we let our feet carry us to the door, and rush up the stairs, pushing the door to the second floor's corridor's open and descending down them to the closest classroom - one of the science labs.

Scott adjusts a chair under the handle of the door once it's shut, though I don't see the point since we just watched the Alpha break down a door they'd pushed a whole ass vending machine in front of.

He steps back, and I back up, standing close besides my brother and Scott out the way of the window, as we all hold our breath's hoping it doesn't see nor hear us. We hear a distant growl come from behind the door, and following it the Alpha's shadow crosses past. And to my surprise, it doesn't return. It really just...walked away. It didn't make any sense to me. I mean, if Scott could have heard Allison's phone ringing from across the building, how had he not heard us come in here? Or us breathing? Or smell it? It didn't make any sense.

"Jackson how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asks, as soon as we're sure the Alpha has disappeared.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap." Jackson responds from opposite Scott, leaning on one of the lab tables.

Allison scoffs. "Five? I barely fit in the back."

"It doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention." Stiles points out.

"What about this?" Scott roams around the room, and Stiles and I follow after him until he reaches a door at the end of the classroom. "This leads to the roof. We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

Stiles looks down at the handle. "That's a dead bolt."

Well, there goes our only escape plan.

Scott sighs before his eyes perk up. "The janitor has a key."

"The dead janitor? At the other side of the school?" I question with furrowed brows. There's no way he was insinuating what I was thinking.

"I can get it. I can find him by scent, by blood." He leans forward, whispering to us.

"Well, gee, that sounds like an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?" Stiles responds.

I shake my head at Scott. "Are you insane?"

Scott looks down before back up at the two of us. "I'm getting the key."

He moves forward but I move in his direction stopping him. "We watched the Alpha impale Derek and kill him in seconds, he mauled the janitor and he's killed countless people before tonight - what do you think he's gonna do to you when you tell him you don't wanna be a part of his pack?"