CHAPTER ELEVEN: GAME OF SURVIVAL

"That's my battery

"That's my battery." Stiles breathed out as we stared at the part The Alpha had just thrown inside the room.

Stiles moved to get to his feet, only I pulled him back down. "Stay down."

"We have to move." He argues back to me.

"He could be right outside." Scott says.

"He is right outside." Stiles points out the obvious.

Scott sighs. "Just let me take a look."

Scott begins to move up against the wall, slowly, grabbing onto the window cill to peek outside the now smashed window, I couldn't see what he was seeing but judging by the fact he was still looking, I assumed he hadn't seen the creature we were running from yet.

"Anything?" Stiles questions.

Scott shakes his head. "No."

"Ok...so we should move. Now." I order the two and they nod in my direction, as we then all rise to our feet and hurry out the classroom, and back into the hall. I look left and right and have no clue where to go. I mean...did it even matter? If Scott could smell where someone was the Alpha definitely could. No matter what he'd be able to find us. Maybe this was all just a game to him - toying with his prey.

"This way." Scott says, moving towards an end of the corridor, but Stiles grabs him back. "What?"

"Somewhere without windows." Stiles instructs.

I furrow my brows. "Literally every room has windows, except the janitors closet."

"Alright, somewhere with less windows then." He sighs.

Scott perks up with an idea. "The locker room."

We all don't hesitate to rush in it's direction, the idea of impending death scaring the hell out of all three of us.

"You guys gotta call your dad." Scott tells us, as soon as we're inside and the door's closed.

Stiles furrows his brows. "And tell him what?"

"I don't know, anything. A gas leak, a fire, whatever. If that thing sees the parking lot filled with cop cars, it'll take off." Scott huffs.

I scrunch my eyerbrows. "You don't know that. For all we know, seeing the cops will piss him off even more and our dad'll end up like Derek"

Scott shrugs. "They have guns."

I narrow my eyes. "And I remember when it had to take a wolfsbane laced bullet to come close to killing him."

Stiles nods in agreement. "Madison's right, we're not risking our dad's life."

Scott sighs. "Then we...we have to...we have to find a way out and just run for it."

"There's nothing near the school for at least a mile." Stiles points out.

Scott's brows raise in realisation. "What about Derek's car?"