CHAPTER TWENTY: VISIONS

My eyes slowly open from my dream, and I blinky repeatedly as I take in my surroundings

My eyes slowly open from my dream, and I blinky repeatedly as I take in my surroundings. I'm not on the field anymore. Instead I'm in a hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown with tubes coming out of me. Holy crap. It all happened. I really did get bit. I sit up instantly and look at my arm, and there's a bandage on it, that's got evidence of blood soaking through. When Scott turned into a werewolf, after his was bit his bite healed. Maybe that's the way to tell?

My breath is shaky, and so is my hand as I hesitantly peel the bandage off, only it only takes a second for the pain to seep in and for me to see there's still a wound there. I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god. I'm not one of them. I've never wanted to be, I know damn well with my lack of anger management I wouldn't last a day as a wolf.

But if it didn't heal...what the hell does that mean?

"You're awake." I hear from besides me, my head turning in an instant, and I see Derek stood besides my bed, my eyebrows furrowed as I look at him.

"What the hell are you doing here? Where the hell have you been?" I question. I hadn't seen him since our run in in the hallways, and from there he'd disappeared after what happened at his house.

He looks down at my bandage. "It doesn't matter. I wanted to see. If you were one of us."

"Are Scott and Stiles ok?" I question, still not knowing anything that's happened. "Derek?" I repeat when he doesn't answer, still looking down at me with brows furrowed.

"They're fine. Peter's gone." He loosely explains.

"What? He's dead? Did Scott kill him, is he cured?" I continue to ask, only Derek once again is silent.

"You're not a werewolf." He ignores my questions.

"Yeah, I know, now answer my question." I repeat, only he simply just flashes his eyes at me. They aren't blue anymore.

Red.

He killed Peter.

My eyes widen in horror. "You killed him." I breathe out and he nods, slowly. It doesn't surprise me. He strikes me as the type to want power. I just hope he gave Scott the option, but I doubt it. Maybe I was too quick to trust him. "What's happening to me?" I ask but he shakes his head.

"I don't know. I've never seen this happen before." He tells me. "It's the same with the other girl. The bite's supposed to kill you or turn you, not do nothing."

I furrow my brows. "Other girl?"

"The ginger one." He tells me and then it hits me. Lydia. But I had a dream about her being in a hospital? Does that mean it was real? Or surely just intuition. But Derek says she got bit too and nothings happening to her either - how does that make any sense?

"So what now?" I question.

"I don't know. I'll keep an eye on you. If anything peculiar happens, tell me. Do you understand?" His eyes widen and I nod, before he glances at me one last time and leaves.