CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TAKE A PICTURE, IT'LL LAST LONGER

"I told you it was a bad idea

"I told you it was a bad idea." I mutter, as Stiles and I walked the school corridors, approaching in the main office, since we'd just found out our dad was there. Stiles had had the bright idea last night, of taking Scott to get drunk to forget about Allison. I'd stolen the alcohol for him from dad, but not been able to go because I was babysitting - not that I would have anyways. And I was glad I hadn't because Stiles told me they had a run in with some guys and Scott almost fully wolfed out on them. "I bet you're so hungover." I hit him over the head, jokingly.

"Ok, ow!" He groans at me. "And I'm fine...mostly."

"You're lucky dad didn't see you, you were wasted." I raise my brows at him. Scott had driven him home and I'd been forced to get out of bed and open the door for him, so our dad wouldn't see how drunk he was. I also basically had to carry him to bed.

Stiles sighs. "Speaking of dad..."

We watch as as soon as we reach the office, the door opens and our dad walks out with another officer and a man who I don't recognise, in a black suit. Our dad immediately spots us, speaking to the two men before audibly sighing, folding his arms as he walks up to us.

"Don't you two have a test to get to?" His eyes move between the two of us.

"Did you find Derek?" I raise my brows, ignoring his question. We did in fact have an exam in about 5 minutes, but this was way more important.

"I'm working on it. You two, go take your test." His tone becoming more stern.

Stiles shakes his head. "Alright, dad, listen to me. This is really important. You have to be careful tonight, ok? Especially tonight."

It was the full moon tonight, and the Alpha was still on the loose. We'd also just lost the only person we could semi-trust to fight against him.

"Stiles, I'm always careful." Dad says directly to my brother.

"Stiles is right, you've never dealt with anything like this before." I add.

"I know, which is why I brought people who have." Our dad tells us, looking over to the man in the suit. "State detective. Now both of you, go take your test.

Stiles let out a huff of annoyance, as I nodded at our father and the two of us headed to the testing room, and to our luck Mr Harris was our Proctor. The room was mostly full when we walked in, but I noticed Scott hadn't yet arrived, though knowing him he'd probably be showing up late. Stiles and I picked a couple seats close to the back, and furthest away from Allison, leaving a seat in front of Stiles' desk free.

Scott walked in, a few minutes after we'd settled into our seats, and looked quite solemn as he took the seat in front of Stiles. I gave him a small smile, as he did, attempting to do the same yet failing.

"You have 45 minutes to complete the test." Mr Harris began, from the front of the room. "25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. So, let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."