CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: DEEP CUTS

"Hey

"Hey." Stiles begins to call out to the mechanic wid way through our conversation. "Hey!" He now shouts and begins to run over to him, and I sigh, following slowly behind him. I'd rushed from Deaton's to meet Stiles since he'd been calling me a thousand times after someone had apparently messed with his Jeep, so he wasn't able to meet us at the rink. Instead, he had to have it towed and so we were now at the mechanic's garage waiting for the guy to fix it.

"Wha- What do you think you're doing? All I needed was a starter." He tells the man who's still currently working on the Jeep, as he stands right besides him.

"Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too." The mechanic tells him, which is very apparent that he just wants a larger bill coming his way.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles questions, as I watch the two from behind my brother with my arms folded.

"It's probably gonna run you around like 1,200 - parts and labor." The mechanic says.

"Are you kidding? This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter!" My brother protests, and I furrow my eyebrows not having a clue what that means. "And yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

The mechanic pulls down the equipment he was just using and turns to look at Stiles. "You know what a limited slip differential is?"

"Uh-...no." Stiles responds.

"Yeah, could run you more like 1,500." The man then turns to get back to work and I step forward.

"I'm sorry but that's a joke and a complete over charge." I snark, and Stiles shakes his head at me.

"Madison, don't."

"Stiles, you don't have 1,500 to spend on the piece of crap Jeep. Hey buddy!" I call out to the mechanic who turns slowly. "How about you lower that price to 900, or next time we're gonna take our business to the lovely car repair shop across the block from here, and tell all our pals to head over there too, and you're gonna be out looking for another job." I raise a brow at him and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. 1,000. That's it." He then turns back around, and I give Stiles a smug smile, as he walks towards me.

"Whatever." He says to me, knowing I'm about to brag as we walk over to the gas station door, and I grab the handle and my hand is immediately covered in what feels like mucus.

"Oh my god, ew. What the hell is that?" I question as I rub my hands over the sleeves of my jumper and Stiles rolls his eyes at me.

"You're such a drama queen, it can't be that ba-" He then stops speaking as his hand also grabs the handle and is in turn covered in whatever the gross moisture is.

"Great. Quality establishment you're running here!" Stiles calls out to the mechanic, as he pulls up his sleeve and opens the door for us.

"I'm going to the bathroom to get rid of this filth, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." I point a finger at him before walking away. Only when I return from doing my business, I find Stiles lain on the ground not moving.