CHAPTER FOURTY: AND WE'RE SO GLAD IT'S OVER NOW

Chris pulls up the car outside, and the four of us get out of the car, I glance through the back seat to the trunk at the black bag holding Jackson

Chris pulls up the car outside, and the four of us get out of the car, I glance through the back seat to the trunk at the black bag holding Jackson. "He's not moving anymore." I point out, looking at Isaac who was stood besides me, who also peeked inside, before we shut the door.

"Where's Derek?" Chris glanced between the four of us, only Derek answered his question for him, as he appeared in front of us, stepping out from the shadows. He looked confused to see Chris stood besides us, and not pulling his gun out just at the sight of him. "I'm here for Jackson. Not you."

Derek tightened his jaw. "Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek's eyes moved over to Isaac and Scott. "Get him inside."

The two boys listened, and took Jackson out the trunk bringing him inside the mostly empty warehouse, and the five of us stood around the body bag looking down upon it. I looked around curiously, awaiting Peter and Lydia's arrival. I assumed Peter wasn't here because he was getting her, though I was sure she wasn't going to be exactly thrilled by the presence of the guy who traumatised and ruined her life and reputation. "So when are Peter and Lydia getting here?" I questioned, looking at Derek.

Only he didn't answer me, and instead began to move closer to the bag. I lowered my brows. "Derek."

But once again, he didn't respond, and begun to move atop the bag, readying himself to open it. I blinked, realising this is exactly what I'd seen - Derek in that exact position, only Jackson had awoken and gripped his claws into him. "Derek, stop, this is what I saw."

Derek looks down at the bag blinking, not moving or saying anything after my reminder.

"You're not planning on saving him anymore, are you?" Scott voices.

"We're past that." Derek tells him. "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

Only Chris shakes his head. "No...he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, then he's turning rabid. And my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not." Gerard steps forward, forcing us to turn around. Everything was playing out just like I'd seen. "Something that dangerous, that out of control...is better off dead."

I realise what was about to happen, and I waste no time raising my hand, without hesitation letting the power sour through my veins and wind rush towards Derek, blowing him backwards as Jackson's eyes rapidly open, and he begins to step out of his body bag. I had no idea if, had I let Jackson do what I saw in my vision, Derek would have died, but even though I was mad at him, I wasn't taking that risk.

Gerard's eyes twisted to Scott. "Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend that you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realise that you were also bringing Derek to me."