CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: PARTY GUESSED

"Happy birthday!" Stiles beams at Lydia, holding probably the most gigantic box I'd ever seen in my life

"Happy birthday!" Stiles beams at Lydia, holding probably the most gigantic box I'd ever seen in my life. You've guessed it - today was Lydia Martin's birthday and of course Stiles had spent the last couple months planning for it. And since I live with and am related to him, I'd seen the countless gifts he'd bought her including a flatscreen TV and loads of jewellery, makeup - most of which aren't even in the box and are laying around in his room as we speak. He really has to get over this obsession.

But the only reason I'd even come to her party, was because Jackson might be there. And since it's the full moon, and Derek and the rest of the pack can't be here, it was just Scott and I. Though I wished Derek could be here, so I could talk to him about what happened with us last night.

I rolled my eyes at my brother, and moved past him, and into the house, as Lydia gawked at him.

"Happy birthday." I awkwardly smiled at the girl, and she took a drink from the tray she was carrying and gave it to me.

"Thank you, Madison." She nodded, before looking back at Stiles, who was currently struggling to fit the boxed gift through the doorway, rolling her eyes at him and turning away. "Don't forget to try the punch!"

"Madison, could you just grab the other side?" He panted at me, and I looked at him as if he was crazy.

"Uh, no. You insisted on bringing that insane gift here, you figure out how to get it in." I raise a brow at him, taking a sip of my punch. And it was good - really good. Way better than the school's punch.

And after shoving and shoving for about 2 minutes, Stiles finally got the box through the door, though he did tumble to the ground during the process. "You're such an idiot." I mumbled at him, as he rose to his feet, dusting himself off, and moving the present to the side.

"I'll just, uh...leave that there." He says, and the two of us walk down the hallway, spotting Scott who looks quite formal from the top half, sporting a green shirt and blazer. "Hey, Scott. Have you seen Jackson anywhere?" Stiles asks him, as we walk down the halls.

"No. Seen Allison?" Scott asks us.

I shake my head.

"No, but we should probably tell her what we found." Stiles tells him.

Scott furrows his brows. "I'm still not sure what we found."

"I figured out it has something to do with water. You know, the fact that all the victims were on the swim team. The way Madison said the Kanima reacted around the pool." Stiles explains again, his idea's sparked from a conversation with our dad earlier.

Scott nods along. "So whoever's controlling the Kanima really hates the swim team?"

"Hated the swim team." Stiles corrects him. "Specifically the 2006 swim team."