CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: I FOUND PEACE IN YOUR VIOLENCE

"Ketamine?" Scott question, curiously, as Deaton held up the bottle and an injection device

"Ketamine?" Scott question, curiously, as Deaton held up the bottle and an injection device. After getting the tickets, we wasted no time getting to Deaton's to figure out the rest of the plan for the night.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." Deaton begins, before placing the two items on the metal table before him. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time. This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier." Deaton continues, holding a jar of black powder. "This part is for Madison and Stiles." He slams the jar down. "Only you two."

I look down at the jar, picking it up off the table like Scott had done with the ketamine and injector, inspecting it in my hands, having 0 clue what it was.

"Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure." My brother says.

I look up. "Yeah, why just us?"

"It's from a mountain ash tree, which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble." Deaton smiles at my friend.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Ok...but aren't I supernatural? How the hell am I supposed to do it?"

Deaton raises his brows at me. "Because, Athene Noctua's are immune to the supernatural. Which is why the Kanima venom didn't effect you at all, or Peter's bite."

I nod along. That made sense, I suppose. Another added bonus to the very short list of being an Athene Noctua.

"Ok, so what do we do with this exactly? Just spread it around the whole building so Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles questions.

Deaton nods. "They'll be trapped."

I shrug, looking at my brother. "Sounds easy enough."

"Not all there is. Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You both need to be that spark." Deaton explains, possibily making me more confused.

"If you mean light ourselves on fire, I don't think I'm up for that." Stiles tells him.

I raise a finger. "Yeah, I second that."

Deaton smirks, looking down. "Let me try a different analogy - I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

So we have to imagine where we want the ash for it to go for it to go there? Maybe this doesn't sound easy enough.

"Force of will." Stiles nods.

"Hey," Deaton leans forward. "if this is going to work, twins, you have to believe it."

Stiles' eyes and mine met. I knew that that was going to be hard. It sounded hard. And we had a shit amount of pressure being bestowed upon us right now, and if we messed up, it seemed the entire plan would be messed up and a lot of people were going to die. But I guess, we had to follow what Deaton said - if we wanted it to work we had to believe it. And so I painted on a smile, raising my brows.