CHAPTER THIRTY: A NEW LOW

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet

"If Jackson doesn't remember being the Kanima, he's definitely not gonna remember stealing Danny's tablet." Scott rubs the back of his head, as we walk away from the van. Scott and his girlfriend had just arrived at the new location, and Scott had told us he'd been at the hospital visiting Danny who had told him his tablet with the footage of Jackson supposedly filming himself on the night of the full moon.

Whilst Stiles and I had been moving the van, Scott had been to visit Danny at the hospital and discovered Jackson had broken into his car and stolen his tablet. Why? We had absolutely no idea.

"Why would he steal the thing if he doesn't even know what's on it?" Stiles asks the important question.

"Are we even 100% sure it was Jackson? I mean, what if someone else took it?" I question.

Stiles opens his arms out. "Then somebody else knows what he is."

Scott furrows his brows. "Which could mean someone's protecting him."

Allison nods. "Like the bestiary says, 'The Kanima seeks a friend', right?"

"Ok, hold on. So, somebody watches Jackson make a video of himself turning into the Kanima and then just erases part of it so he wouldn't know?" Stiles looks at us confused. "I mean, who would do that?"

"Somebody who wanted to protect him?" Allison ponders.

"There's something else. You said the only thing you found online about the Kanima is that it goes after murderers. What if that's actually true?" Scott questions, turning to Stiles.

Stiles shakes his head. "Well no, it can't be. Tried to kill all of us, remember? I don't know about you two, but I haven't murdered anybody lately."

"But I don't think that it was actually trying to kill us." Scott's head turns to Allison. "Remember when we were at Isaac's the first time, it just went right by us, didn't it?"

"You're right, it just ran off." Allison agrees.

Scott turns to Stiles and I. "And it didn't kill either of you two in the mechanic's garage."

I nod. "Well, yeah. But it tried to kill Derek and I in the pool."

Scott raises his brows. "Did it?"

"It was waiting for us to come out the entire time, so if we came out it probably would have." I tell him.

"What if it was trying to keep you in?" He suggests.

I widen my eyes in surprise. He was right. Technically, the Kanima had never actually made any moves to kill us. In fact, when we came out the pool it didn't either. The worst it ever did was paralyse the others, but that's as far as it went - every other time we were just assuming it was going to attack. But it never was.

Stiles shares my same look. "Why do I feel so violated all of a sudden?"

"Because there's something else going on. We don't know what it is. We don't know anything about what's going on with Jackson, or why someone's protecting him-"