CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: WHAT THE HOLY HELL IS THAT?

The two of us slip into the darkened office, and I stand behind Stiles keeping watch as he quickly types in a series of numbers

The two of us slip into the darkened office, and I stand behind Stiles keeping watch as he quickly types in a series of numbers. "Crap."

"What?" I question, furrowing my brows as I turn, and then I see the box Stiles' had just opened was empty. "Ok that's not good."

We rush out the room, to head around the halls "Who the hell took the keys?" I question my brother.

He shrugs. "Probably the hunter in here dressed like a deputy carrying wolfsbane to kill Isaac." He blurts out.

I blink rapidly. "I'm sorry, what?" Would have been really nice to have been told this earlier, I would have prepared myself a little better. Maybe that's the officer I saw Isaac attacking in my vision - I sure hope it was, because the real deputies who work here are all really nice. And now we've gotta find this guy and somehow get the keys off him - which sounded impossible.

Stiles abruptly turned a corner, stopping dead in his tracks, his dramatic halt made me almost crash into him. "Whoa. Uh, just looking...um.." Stiles says to the deputy stood in front of him, before his eyes trail down to his bloody leg where a metal stick was pocking out of it. I'm guessing this is the 'deputy' Stiles had been referring to. So we were so dead. I grab Stiles' arm and we begin to attempt to run, but the man grabs Stiles and pulls him back, putting a hand over his mouth, and I turn, narrowing my eyes at him. I was definitely no match for him whatsoever, but there was someone in the building who was.

"If you make a sound, I will snap his neck right here." The 'deputy' warns me, before i'm able to scream for Derek to come help us. I swallowed harshly, pushing my nails into my palms before nodding. I so couldn't wait to learn to fight.

I was forced to follow as the hunter dragged my brother down the hall. I needed to do something, something to stop him without screaming. As I followed after them, I noticed a fire alarm switch on the wall, and with no hesitation I pulled it, and alarms and red lights began to flood the station. The hunter dropped Stiles, and I realised we had moved to the holding cell Isaac was supposed to be locked in - only the door had been busted right open. And I already saw what was coming next.

And just like my vision, Isaac leapt out from the shadows, and pushed the hunter down on a table, before flinging him against a wall, as Stiles scurried to the corner of the room to stay safe.

"Isaac, stop!" I called, knowing if I tried to get in between the two I'd end up getting hurt.

But Isaac wasn't listening to me, as the hunter tried to inject the wolfsbane into him, but he grabbed his arm, roaring at him, slamming his head into the wall, and the deputy collapsed before him. I really was psychic, I thought to myself as I watched the events play out speechless. Suddenly, Derek whips past me, and slams his foot on the syringe the hunter had dropped, and Isaac's eyes move to him, snarling at him.

Before his eyes move onto me. I swallow harshly, as he begins to take steps closer towards me, baring his claws, until Derek roared at him, and Isaac instantly recoiled in fear, moving to the other end of the room, whimpering as he held a hand up in fear, curling into a ball. Derek had gotten him to stop attacking like it was nothing. But he'd also, once again, saved my life.