CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: CONTROL

I sigh, being forced to lower myself on the seat besides Erica, I'd stumbled upon Jackson and Scott fighting, at the same time Erica and Stiles had and so we'd all been brought to detention - including some Matt kid I barely knew

I sigh, being forced to lower myself on the seat besides Erica, I'd stumbled upon Jackson and Scott fighting, at the same time Erica and Stiles had and so we'd all been brought to detention - including some Matt kid I barely knew. Scott and Stiles were in the seats directly in front of me. I can't believe I'd been dragged into this detention for being in the wrong place at the wrong time - Mr Harris was such an asshole.

"We can't be in detention together." Jackson begins to tell Mr Harris, pointing over at our table. "I have a restraining order against these tools."

"All these tools?" Mr Harris questions.

"No, just us tools." Stiles points at me and Scott.

Mr Harris sighs. "Fine. You three, over there."

He points at the furthest available table, which I'm still sure is not 50 feet away from Jackson, which I'd personally love to be at all times. And so, the three of us rose from our seats, and sat down at the table, Jackson looking just as disappointed as I was feeling that we had to stay here for the detention.

Scott looks back at Jackson, pressing his fist down on the table, before turning to us. "I'm gonna kill him."

I raise my brows. "Please do."

"No, you're not." Stiles tells him, for once being the voice of reason. "You're gonna find out who's controlling him and then you're gonna help save him."

Scott shakes his head. "No, Madison's right, let's kill him."

Stiles sighs. "Oh...no."

Scott buries his head in his arms on the table, lying down, whereas my brothers eyes trail over to the table with Allison, Matt and Jackson.

"Hey," He begins. "What if it's Matt? I mean, this whole thing comes back to the video, right?"

Scott pulls his head up. "Danny said that Matt was the one who found the two hours of footage missing."

"Exactly!" Stiles exclaims. "He's trying to throw suspicion off himself."

I point at my brother. "Now that's a good theory. But...why would Matt wanna murder any of the people who've been killed? I mean what's his motive?"

"His motive," Stiles narrows his eyes over at their table. "is that he's evil."

I sigh, shaking my head at him.

"You just don't like him?" Scott questions.

"The guy bugs me. I don't know what it is." Stiles leans back in his chair, studying Matt who's currently just sat eating a bag of chips. "Just look at his face."

The kid was in the process of offering Jackson some of his chips, and to be quite honest with you that was probably the least evil thing he could be doing in that moment. I didn't know much about Matt other than he took pictures at lacrosse games, and we had never spoken at all. But to me, he seemed like a pretty normal innocent guy.