CHAPTER TEN: THE NIGHT BEGINS

"Coming!" I shout down the hall, to the pounding of the door, that's grown increasingly annoying, and open the door to see Scott panting on our door step

"Coming!" I shout down the hall, to the pounding of the door, that's grown increasingly annoying, and open the door to see Scott panting on our door step. "Scott? Did you run here?"

"We need to get to the school. Now." Scott tells me and I furrow my eyebrows, but nod, knowing if he ran here explaining is probably something for on the way, not standing at the door. So I pull my brother from his room downstairs, and he starts the car and begin the journey back to school...at night.

"Ok, so what the hell is going on exactly?" I question from the back seat.

"I have a plan - to catch the alpha." Scott states, and I nod to myself, in disbelief.

"Ok, Scott, I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you are literally no match for an alpha. Especially one thats killed multiple people." I point out, honestly.

"Your right. Which is why we're just catching him. Look, this is gonna work guys." He tells us.

"I don't know, Scott. It sounds pretty insane." Stiles adds.

"What else are we gonna do?" Scott questions.

"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until eventually it just goes away." Stiles tells the two of us and I roll my eyes.

"That's not a solution." I mumble under my breath. "What caused this random idea for a plan anyways?"

"Derek." Scott tells us, bluntly.

"Derek?" Both Stiles and I question in unison. It's almost like we're twins.

"He thought Deaton was the Alpha, so he came and started beating him up, asking him for answers. I had to come up with something quick to save him." Scott explains.

"Why would Derek think it's Deaton? He's like the least evil alpha guy ever?" I furrow my brows and Scott nods in agreement.

"I have no idea. But he's coming here to meet us, with Deaton, and I have to prove to him it's not him." Scott tells us.

"Sounds great. I can't wait. We're going to see Derek Hale and the alpha." Stiles says sarcastically as we pull up at the school, and jump out the Jeep, as soon as we do we see Derek's car pull up in front of us, Stiles reaching into the back of the Jeep to secure bolt cutters we got to make sure we can get inside the school - though now I don't see why Derek or Scott can't just use their wolf powers and break us in. Derek climbs out of his car, wearing his usual attire, a street lamp glowing down from above him perfectly lighting his sharp features, glowing skin, perfectly chiseled cheekbones-

I almost slap myself in the face for once again checking him out.

"Where's my boss?" Scott asks the man.

"In the back." Derek replies bluntly.

I glance through the windshield and see Deaton laying in the backseat of his car, his hands and feet bound by duct tape, a strip of it also securing his mouth.