CHAPTER NINETEEN: THE WINTER FORMAL

Stiles holds the door of his Jeep open, as we've arrived at the school for the formal

Stiles holds the door of his Jeep open, as we've arrived at the school for the formal. Somehow, Allison had managed to score him Lydia as his date, so for the entire ride I had to listen to her complain about the Jeep, about how her dress was wrinkling and Jackson - so let's just say it was a long ride. Not only that, but I'd been sentenced to sit in the back, so after Lydia had got out, I had to literally climb past the front two seats to get out of the car, luckily not wrinkling my long red dress in the process.

When I'd climbed out the car, Lydia was frantically patting her dress down, as my brother closed the door to his Jeep I turned around to him. "Alright, I'm gonna go find Isaac. Be safe ok?" I raise a brow at me.

He nods at me, and I give him a tight lipped smile before heading towards the entrance of the school, spotting Isaac, tapping his foot nervously on the ground and I looked him up and down with a smile. He was wearing a black suit that was slightly too big for him, so probably belonged to his dad, and he had somewhat styled his brown curls. But I couldn't lie and say he didn't look good. His eyes met mine as I approached him, and he looked me up and down raising his brows.

"Hey. You look handsome." I smirk at him.

"I-" He blinks at me rapidly, parting his lips. "You- you look really beautiful."

I give him a tight lipped smile. His awkwardness was sweet. "Thanks. Wanna head inside?"

"Uh- yep, yes." He responds, lifting his arm for me to take. As we walk towards the school, I notice Scott crawling around on the rooftop, trying to break inside, and I lightly chuckle to myself at the sight. As we walk inside, my eyes scanned the beautifully filled hall. There were sheer pieces of cloth with stars hanging from the ceiling, a giant disco ball stood from the ceiling, and tables were scattered around the room with drink options as well as the obvious dance floor.

This was the first dance I'd ever been to. I usually skip them because I don't like most people in our school, and didn't ever really so the appeal so I didn't really know what to do at these things. Other than dance, I guess. "Do you want a drink?" Isaac asked from besides me.

I nodded. "Yeah, thanks."

Whilst he was going to grab a drink. I walked a little deeper inside the room, looking around. I spotted Allison and Jackson awkwardly stood next to each other, Allison clutching her drink and definitely wishing Scott was there, and Jackson looking as if he wished he were anywhere else, holding a bottle of vodka. He could at least try to hide it.

"Here you go." I hear from behind me, and spin around to see Isaac holding two plastic cups. "I don't really know what's in it, but it's all they had."

I smile at him, taking the drink. "Well, there's only one way to find out." I bring the cup to my lips, and take a sip. It was definitely fruit punch but it was too overly sweet so I scrunched my face drinking it. "Ok, I'm kind of understanding why people are putting alcohol in this."