CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: WHAT THE HELL DO WE DO WITH JACKSON?

When I arrived back at the house, Scott was already there, and the others had taken down Isaac and Erica already, the werewolf throwing them out the door and onto the ground to lay before Derek and Boyd, as the group exited the house to stand on t...

When I arrived back at the house, Scott was already there, and the others had taken down Isaac and Erica already, the werewolf throwing them out the door and onto the ground to lay before Derek and Boyd, as the group exited the house to stand on the patio besides me.

Derek sighed looking at his defeated beta's, his eyes moving up to Scott. "I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott. You're not an Omega. You're already an Alpha of your own pack. But you know you can't beat me."

"I can hold you off until the cops get here." Scott narrows his eyes at him.

All of a sudden, police sirens fill the air, and Derek's smirk drops looking off to the side as he hears them. All of a sudden, we hear a reptilian hiss and our eyes shoot upward to the roof. The Kanima is crawling upon it, it's eyes on us as it screeches at us, and we all jump backwards, and I unconsciously move slightly ahead of Stiles. It jumps away, and I figure that's proof enough it's Lydia.

But I'm proven wrong, as Lydia stomps out the house with tear stained eyes. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?"

Oh my god. The Kanima wasn't Lydia. It was Jackson.

_

Scott turns to look at Stiles and I as we find him hiding behind a wall, after he'd jumped out the Jeep to fight the Kanima, yet had ran off so we'd left to find him. He jumps at our presence, probably having expected it to be the kanima coming to get him.

"Wha...sorry, I'm sorry." Stiles blurts out.

"Hey, did you see where he went?" I question. I hadn't had the time or gotten around to tell them about my newfound power, we had bigger fish to fry right now, but I made a point to try and keep myself away from skin to skin touch with anyone right now - not until I learnt how to control it. I mean surely, there's gotta be a way to control it.

Scott sighs. "I lost him."

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles questions.

Scott turns his head back to look at us. "I don't think he has one."

"Ok...do we know where he could be going?" I ask.

Scott looks at me. "To kill someone."

"Ah!" My brother raises his brows as I pout. "That explains the claws and the fangs and all that. Makes perfect sense now."

Scott gives Stiles a deserved annoyed expression.

"What? Scott, c'mon, I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, ok? Sarcasm is my only defence." Stiles argues back.

"Just help me find it." Scott tells him, also referring to me.

"Not 'it'. Jackson." Stiles reminds him.

"Yeah, I-I know. I know." Scott sighs, turning back to peek from behind the brick wall.

I raise my brow. "How did he pass the test? How was he paralysed?"