CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: DECISIONS

I furrow my eyebrows, hearing my phone begin to ring

I furrow my eyebrows, hearing my phone begin to ring. What the hell? Was it Scott? Stiles? Did something happen with Jackson while I was gone? I look down at my phone, and roll my eyes seeing Derek's name appearing on the screen calling me. It's 6am - asshole. He just woke me up. And I bet I know what he's calling for - the Kanima. He wants to know who it is so he can rip their throat out.

I press the answer button, my voice croaky. "What do you want?"

"Good morning to you too." He responds.

I narrow my eyes. "I'm not telling you who the Kanima is, asshole."

"That's not why I'm calling. I think I know what you are. Meet me at the house." He tells me and I furrow my eyebrows, scoffing to myself.

"I'm sorry, wha-?" I then hear the phone call end and stare at my phone blankly. What the hell is he on about? Also why is he just back to helping me after he tried to kill Lydia last night. And without wanting to know what the Kanima was? Also how the hell had he figured out what I am? A million questions spiralled through my mind, and a small wonder if this was a trick to get me to admit to who the scaled creature was floated in my mind. But despite everything, I still did trust Derek. He had never lied to me.

And so with that I sigh and unfortunately push myself out of bed, trying to remain ever so quiet as to not wake my father up as I get ready to leave, climbing out the window and climbing on my bike to ride to Derek's old house. This better not take too long, because the only reason I had even gone home was to cover for Stiles, so if I'm not there when my dad wakes up, it's gonna make it quite hard to do so.

I walk into Derek's old house, and I look around for the man who had agreed to help me yet is no where to be seen. "Derek?" I call out, standing in the middle of the area, looking around. "This better not have been some jo-"

Derek then steps out of the darkness as I glare at him, still upset over last night, and simply unimpressed by his mysterious appearances anymore.

"Great. Can you explain what's going on?" I question.

"Ever since you, Lydia and Jackson got bit and nothing happened, I've been trying to figure out what was going on," He tells me, and begins to walk walk towards me, and I notice he's holding a book in his hand. "But you felt my emotions when you touched me, didn't you?"

I furrow my brows, slowly nodding.

"That's when I knew. Because there's only one thing I know can do that."

He then open the book in his hand to a chapter labelled 'Athene Noctua' - whatever that means.

"I found this book so you can read it and understand more, but....this is what you are Madison."

I furrow my brows at him before he hands me the book and I begin to read the chapter.

"It's latin for 'Little Owl'. Owl's represent wisdom and helpfulness in mythology. Which is probably why you took that form." He begins to explain. I guess the helpfulness part made sense. I always help Scott and especially Stiles if they ever get into any trouble, or anyone ever tries to harm them. "They have powers of prophecy, and empathy. Though, it runs a little deeper than that."