CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: TOUCH

Scott turns to me as we walk into chemistry class

Scott turns to me as we walk into chemistry class. "You said Isaac said that they're gonna test Lydia right?"

I nod along. "I just don't know when...or where."

Our eyes dart around the classroom, Lydia sat in her seat, flicking through her chemistry book's pages as if she didn't have a breakdown about 15 minutes ago.

"I think here and now." Scott tells us, and I follow his eyes to see Erica and Isaac in the back of the classroom, both staring directly at the strawberry blonde girl. Our eyes flick between the girl and the two new beta's, and they begin to make their move towards her. Scott and Stiles don't hesitate as they take the seat's besides Lydia before they can, and they are forced to sit directly behind the 3, as I sit on the desk on the left of them, Allison taking a seat besides me as she walks in, looking confused.

"Why are Scott and Stiles sitting with Lydia?" She questions me, looking at the three.

I sigh. "To put a long story short, they think Lydia's the kanima and they're gonna kill her."

"What?!" She exclaims in a whisper looking at me astounded.

"Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,'" Mr Harris begins, before i can give Allison more of an explanation. "And I'm not sure about the universe. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." He then places his hand on my brothers should, tapping it and if we weren't in such a tense situation right now, I'd probably laugh and agree with him.

"So, to combat the plague of ignorance in my class," He continues. "you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr Stilinski's case, less than one."

This time I did slightly snigger.

"Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with..." Mr Harris begins, only almost every single boy in the room raises their hand. Or I should say gross prepubescent vultures. "I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. You'll start with Mr McCall. Alright, next two..."

I look to Allison and notice the hurt look on her face. I guess Erica must have said something to Scott or probably flirted with him before, and if she had before she definitely was going to again. Mr Harris paired everyone up, and the first person I was assigned with was Isaac.

"Isaac, you shouldn't do this." I widen my eyes at him, as we sit besides each other. If anyone was going to listen to us out of the two, it was him. And if anyone could get him to listen, it was me.

"Why not? I thought you didn't even like her?" He furrows his brows at me.

"No, I don't, but I do still have a heart that tells me killing innocent teenage girls isn't exactly morally right." I say, and he lightly scoffs nodding his head.

"Morally right..." He mumbles. "Y'know, I remember asking her out once." He begins. "It was the first day of freshman year. And she laughed in my face and told me to come back when my bike had an engine, not a chain. Do you think that was morally right?" He questions. Because high school bullying equates to murdering someone.