CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: MISSING

I rushed into the boys changing rooms, after telling Derek and Peter to give me a moment to talk to Scott and my brother alone first, especially since the changing rooms would still be packed at this time

I rushed into the boys changing rooms, after telling Derek and Peter to give me a moment to talk to Scott and my brother alone first, especially since the changing rooms would still be packed at this time. When I enter the room, it's already filled with the boys getting changed out of their gear and into their regular clothing. I felt terrible that I'd missed the game, but that wasn't even near the top of my list of priorities.

Spotting Scott and Isaac together, relief flooded through me. Isaac had chosen to stay, a decision I hadn't been entirely sure I could influence, but it seemed my efforts had paid off. However, the third person with them wasn't Stiles—it was my dad.

"Dad?" I exclaimed, striding toward them, my father's unexpected presence catching me off guard.

He enveloped me in a tight hug as soon as I reached him, his relief palpable. "Oh thank god." He breathes out, squeezing me and I struggle to breathe, his relief was palpable, and I returned the embrace briefly before stepping back, confusion clouding my thoughts.

I look at him confused. "Uh...hi dad, you ok?"

"Where have you been? Were you with your brother?" he asked, concern etched into his features. Glancing at Scott, I realised something was wrong—Stiles was missing, and my dad was on the verge of a breakdown.

I shake my head. "No, I was- it doesn't matter. Where's Stiles?" I demanded, anxiety knotting in my stomach.

My dad sighs. "We don't know. I've got an APB out on him. His, uh, his Jeep is still in the parking lot so that means..." My dad pauses, before his wall breaks down. "Well, I don't know what that means. Um..."

I felt a surge of panic rising within me. Everything seemed to be unraveling—Stiles missing, my vision of Gerard controlling Jackson, Scott's newfound allegiance with Gerard—all of it converging into a chaotic mess. The only silver lining was Isaac's decision to stay and help.

Placing a reassuring hand on my dad's shoulder, I tapped into my powers to soothe his frayed nerves. "It's okay, Dad. We'll find him," I assured him, forcing a tight-lipped smile.

He slowly nods at me, and shows me a genuine smile, his anxiety clearly having been calmed down by my powers, before he turns to Scott and Isaac. "Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him-"

"We'll call you." Isaac softly responds.

Scott sighs. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

My dad nods at Scott with a smile, before turning to me. "Alright, Madi, let's go."

I furrow my brows. "No, dad I gotta stay."

"Absolutely not. I got one kid missing, and I think I'd have a heart attack if another went missing too." He tells me.

I put my hand on his shoulder again. God, please let this work. "I gotta stay. Incase Stiles comes back to the school." I attempt to make my powers feed into him, convincing him through his emotions that what I'm saying is a good idea, that it makes sense, that he should listen.