four

Lydia

A week had passed at the new house and Paul was coming over to tell us details about the shipment. Usually, we would head down to his office building, but it was currently being renovated.

The week at the new place hadn't been as bad as I though it would. The only that bothered me was that they were quite messy and there had been incidents where they have walked in on me changing in my bathroom, because I always forgot to lock the door. They would laugh and I would scream and then it would be okay again. Sometimes they would frown whenever they came across my ladies stuff and I would call them immature idiots. They were boys and that was something I could live with. I liked them. I was talking to everyone and honestly that was what I hoped for.

"Boys and Lydia, get together now!" Paul shouted through the whole house.

I sat down on the dining table next to Paul. Harry, Liam and Louis arrived shortly after.

"Where's Niall?" Paul asked confused.

"Bathroom," Louis answered with a frown. "We had Mexican yesterday, he'll be here soon."

Paul laughed before he continued. "Listen, the shipment is on it's way to the city. As far as I know, it is on the hands of Madeleine Artson, the heiress to the Artson Company. Whether she has it or it's still in the way, I had no idea. She has made a deal with Cooper's team and is planning to give the shipment to him and that's where you have to steal it," Paul told us.

As hard as it was I tried to pay attention to everything he said. It felt like I had been placed in a set of a crime movie. I wasn't used to this, I was the chick flick kind of girl.

"How are we supposed to know when Madeline is giving it to Cooper?" Liam asked.

Before Paul got to answer, Niall joined us at the table with a relieved happy smile. Louis quickly updated Niall about the situation.

"Madeline is hosting a masquerade ball for fun next weekend and you guys are going there to get information," Paul explained.

"Going to the ball?" Louis frowned his nose.

"I don't even own a suit, the closest thing I have is my track suit and I'm pretty sure I can't attend wearing that," Niall chuckled for himself.

Paul groaned and rubbed his temples. "Lydia, you been to prom, right?" Paul asked, looking directly at me.

I was trying to pay attention so hard that I didn't notice he was speaking to me.

"Lydia?" Harry nudged on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked, confused till I remembered Paul's question. "I mean, yes, I have."

"Then you'll know what they need to wear," he said, sliding his credit card to me. "Get yourself something nice too."

"Last thing before I leave. There is an invitation list for the ball and we have signed you up with fake name, so remember them," Paul said with a stern voice, putting a paper on the table before leaving.

All of us stood up to see what was on the paper.

Lydia Carter - Rosalie Anderson
Harry Styles - Aiden Walker
Louis Tomlinson - Jon Oliver
Liam Payne - Ethan Camden
Niall Horan - Connor Williams

"Why do I always get the most boring name?" Louis threw up his hands in frustration. "I got Nick Hall last time!"

The boys laughed at Louis and went to sit down on the couch. I glanced at the clock. It was a few hours till dinner. I thought that I would spend that time by doing some groceries shopping and buy some necessities. I wanted to make an actual meal. Ever since I've gotten here, we have all been eating takeaway food.