thirthy eight

Lydia

The palms of my hands were sweaty as I walked up to Paul's office. Maybe for the last time. Just as I walked up with light shaky steps, the memories from the first day here came back.

Oh, how bittersweet it was.

I remembered it so vividly. I felt so young at the time, yet it was only months ago.

It was winter when I was first kidnapped. Then the season changed to spring and I was placed the guys. And now it was the beginning of summer and maybe it would all be over soon. Preferably by autumn, I would be normal again.

I walked up to his secretary, and by the time I got there, she just smiled and told me that he was in his office.

I gently thanked her and knocked at his door. The heartbeats rose by every second until the door opened and it felt like my heart stopped.

I was greeted by Paul's smile. "Lydia! How are you?" He said, but I could see it in his facial expression that he was slightly confused of why I would be here.

"I'm great," I said, rather less enthusiastic than him as I entered his office.

"What brings you here? Is everything alright back in the house?"

I nodded as I had sat down in the big chair on the opposite side of his desk. "Yes, everything is great. I am actually here because I have to ask you something." I exhaled, looking down at my hands.

He looked genuinely curious at me, waiting for my answer. "What is it?"

I sighed, biting my lips. "I know I signed a contract," I started out.

He just nodded, brows furrowed slightly.

"And that it stated that I would be here till the first mission was done. I guess now that the hard part is done, I wanted to ask if I could just end it now," I said.

I could see the shock in his eyes. "Really?"

"Paul, you don't need to worry about the payment, that is the least of my worries."

"What drew you to this decision? Did something happen in the house?"

"No," I chuckled just slightly, trying to hide the hurt in my voice. "I think it has all been to much for me," I said low and somehow the memories with Harry flashed into my mind.

"Lydia, it's going to be pretty quiet now until Mr Randy comes back in town, what's 2 months gonna do?" Paul asked.

I parted my lips into a line. I wanted to tell him, my fear was ruining everything. "I won't be staying in my apartment. I want to stay with my mother who lives in the outskirts of the town."

He just nodded.

"I don't need the payment before the shipment is delivered. Until then you can get my spare keys when I have picked up my stuff I need back there and I will keep a low profile at my mother's place," I said.

He sighed. "I don't have any arguments to why you shouldn't do this."

I tried to force a smile. "Thank you Paul."

He followed me out and before I walked out, I hugged him, catching him off guard.

When I finally was out of the building, tears fell down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away. It was both freeing and sad at the same time. Somehow I just wanted to fall down to my knees and break down in tears, but I felt too empty to do that. And now I had to tell the guys back home.

As I entered the house, all the guys was gathered together in the living room. I could already feel the lump in my throat when I got closer to them. Harry was the first one to notice me and flashed me a soft smile.

"Hey guys," I spoke up, trying to hide the utter sadness in my voice. "I have to tell you guys something."

All of their eyes turned on me and I felt almost unbearable to speak.

"I was just at Paul's office and I am leaving now," I said and looked down at the ground. If there was one thing I couldn't take right now, it was their stares.

"Leaving?" Niall asked despairingly.

"Yes, I'm sorry," I said, turning around, walking up to my room before I was full-on crying. I couldn't bear with their reactions right now.

I grabbed my suitcases and packed as I quietly sobbed. I felt a hand on my shoulder and before I could turn around, Harry's arms were around me.

"Don't cry, baby," he whispered into me.

"I'm so sorry," I cried into his chest.

He just kept quiet while he comforted me and eventually helped me pack. I could see it in his body language, he didn't like any moment of it. He wasn't going asking me to stay, because both of us knew the answer would no either way.

After a long silence of just packing, I was downstairs ready to say my goodbyes to the guys. I had hurting gut feeling down my stomach and I tried to ignore it.

It was hard, I wasn't going to lie. I had spent the last months with them, growing friendships and now I was just going to leave. I was a shitty friend with an even more shitty lie.

Harry was standing with my suitcases by his side. He tried to put on a smile for my sake, but the sadness in his eyes was revealing it all.

"Call me when you get home," he half smiled, pulling me into tight hug and kissed my forehead.

"I will," I choked out.

I got into the cab that was waiting for me to drive me to the apartment to get my last stuff before heading home to my mother. I sat there quietly when the cab started driving, tears running down my face.

After I was dropped off out by my apartment complex, I dialed Zayn's number. My voice was shaky when he answered after two rings.

"Lydia?"

"Zayn. It's over. We're done. The shipment is over at my apartment and that's all I know. Let Sky go and never contact me again. I hate you for ruining my life and never contact me again!" I almost screamed through the phone.

He didn't get to answer because I hung up before that. By now I had reached my door and when I stepped in, I sat down on the couch, head resting on my palms, letting my never ending tears fall down.

I hated all of this. Even though, I was at the end right now, the road had been one of the most hard months of my life. Both mentally and psychically.

During my moment of self hatred and crying, there was a sound coming from the door. I walked slowly towards it, until it flew up open and two huge men dressed in black entered in. I entered in full shock as I didn't recognize any of them.

"What are you doing you here?" I screamed, hitting them, trying to beat them down.

The past weeks of depression, pills and not eating had marked on me. I had lost all my strength as I tried to fight them down. One of them jumped at me, knuckle to my face as I pushed back a few feet. There was an excruciating pain in my body as he continued. I kicked him off and went in for his face, only to miss.

And then he hit my gut, causing me to lose balance and my head hit the corner of the table till it all turned black once again.

A/N: when will lydia ever get a break :///

also thank you for 12k reads as it is almost finished ily!!