seventeen

Lydia

A deep stinging pain on the lower part of my stomach kept coming,
making me shift uncomfortable on the couch while I was watching the morning show with Liam.

I already knew what it was. The week that I dreaded every month. My cramps would vary from month to month,
but I knew that this would be one hell of a week.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked concerned.

"Yes," I lied, trying to hide the fact that it felt like I had World War 3 going on in my uterus.

"Lydia?" He asked, frankly not believing me.

"Yes, expect the fact that I'm very close to killing myself, I'm absolutely fine," I said, giving him my most forced smile ever.

"Oh," he said understanding. "I guess Aunt Period stopped by?" He chuckled.

"Don't laugh at me or I'll actually kill you," I muttered.

He put his hands up in defense. "Lydia,  I have a girlfriend and I grew up with two sister. I know what I'm dealing with."

He stood up and put a pillow under my back, trying to help me get comfortable. "I'll make you something. What do you want? Pancakes? Waffles?"

I could feel the tears well up by Liam's thoughtful gesture. "Actually, could you stop by the store and grab some tampons for me?" I asked with flushed cheeks.

"Sure thing, anything else you want me to pick up?"

"Um," I said, thinking. "Maybe some chocolate bars, a bag of chips and Ben and Jerry's ice cream?"

"I got it, text me if you need anything else!" He said and right after he disappeared out the door.

I turned up the volume to the cooking show and watched it until Louis entered the living room.

"Morning, Loubear," I smiled.

"It was Niall, wasn't it?" He sighed.

"Yes," I giggled. "Are we doing a little more research about the shipment today?"

"Yes, but I think we have all we need. The only thing we have left is to wait for three weeks," he said.

"Can you make me some breakfast?" I blurted out.

Louis brows furrowed while he gave me a weird look. "Dude, make some yourself."

"Pleaseeeeeee!"

"You need to stop hanging out so much with Niall. I can see the effect he has on you."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and make me some breakfast," I muttered.

Louis shook his head while mumbling "women" under his breath as he walked over to the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later, he came back into the living room with two bowls of cereal.

"Thank you," I said in my sweetest voice and received a huff back from him.

My phone started to beep multiple times. Both Louis and I looked down. I had received text messages from Liam.

- what kind of brands do you use?