thirty one

Lydia

I was walking alone in the house, finishing the laundry as I dropped the clean clothes in each of the guys room. Liam was still in LA while Louis and Niall had disappeared for what they called an all boys adventure and Harry was just out for his jog.

Folding Niall's clean clothes on his bed, I noticed a picture on Harry's shelf. Five guys who was trying to pose for a picture. My eyes went straight to Harry and Zayn on the picture. Harry had jumped on Zayn's back and both of them smiled widely. I know that I was "the replacement" for Zayn, but I really wondered what had happened between them other than that Zayn found out that he could do this shit alone. Which clearly wasn't true, because here I was doing the dirty work for him.

I wondered about the guys side of the story, judging from the picture, they looked genuinely happy.

"Lydia, there you are!" Harry suddenly appeared through the bedroom door, catching me off guard and causing me to lose the t-shirt I was folding.

"Oops," I said, picking up the t-shirt from the ground. "What's up?"

"Oh my god, you are not going to believe this," he grinned like a little boy.

"Believe what?"

He put his hand that were behind his back in front of him. There was a little ginger kitten there, resting on his large hands. The kitten meowed and looked at me with beading eyes.

"Oh my god, so cute," I cooed. "Where did you find him?"

"I guess it's the neighbors kitten. He was stuck in a tree and I saved it, but then he started to follow me and meowed like crazy by the front door until I let him in," he cuddled with the little animal in his arms.

"Wait, you won't keep him?"

"Of course not," he chuckled. "I just had to show you this little fella first. Maybe we should get a kitten together?" He said, but he was focused on the kitten.

"One step at the time, Styles," I laughed.

"Alright, I'll deliver him back," he said and gave me a quick peck on the lips before heading out again.

After I finished my chores, I sat down on my bed and opened my laptop and browsed on the web for a while as Harry showered.

Harry knocked on my door, dressed in a pair of grey track suit pants and a standard white t-shirt and his hair damp.

"Hi," I said and kissed him as soon as he sat down next to me.

"It feels so good to kiss you whenever I want," he said between kissed and I could feel his smile.

"I need to ask you something," I broke the kiss.

"Is everything alright?" He sounded slightly concerned.

"Yeah, it's just," I started off. "The picture on your shelf. Was he here before I came here?"

"Zayn was our team mate before he disappeared," Harry sighed.

"Disappeared?"

"One day just days after we had finished a big mission, his things was gone," he said. "All he left was a letter with a few sentences."