thirty nine

Lydia

"Please, wake up!" A voice entered my mind, repeating over and over.

And then was when I woke up. A worried Niall was bent over me, trying to check if I was okay.

"Thank God," he breathed out, the second my eyes opened.

My mind was still in a trance and I felt an excruciating pain on the back of my head. It was when I saw how trashed my apartment was, I remembered what happened. I was speechless and left my wide eyes open.

"Lydia, are you okay?" Niall asked, almost not wanting to touch me because I was that fragile.

"W-what happened?" I managed to get out and sat up, despite the huge pain I was feeling in every limb. I looked around, the rest of the guys were here, running around the apartment, obviously looking for one thing-- the shipment.

"You were attacked and we think they have taken the shipment," Niall explained. "It was probably Madeline and Cooper."

I felt the guilt once again and then the tears started prickling in my eyes. "This is all my fault," I sobbed for what felt like the millionth time this week.

"I am such a fuck up!" I yelled and Niall's eyes widened in surprise at my loud response. "This is why I was going to leave."

Niall was going to answer when he was interrupted by Harry, who pushed him out of my sight. I heard Niall mumble dick and other words before I tried to focus on Harry in front of me.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his hands cupping my face.

The pounding pain in the back of my head was growing. "Yes, I think so," I lied.

"Any pain?" He asked and I nodded my head despite the feeling like my head was going to explode any time soon.

"No," I lied.

Louis came over to us with Liam and Niall just behind. "We are going over to Paul right now to check the surveillance cameras. You alright here?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, I'll take care of Lydia," he said and threw his car keys to him.

After they left, I gazed over at Harry. I stood up, hiding all the pain I was feeling everywhere. Sudden flashes of the big guys beating me down was hitting me. "Harry, you don't need to take care of me," I breathed out. "Thank you."

My failed words didn't convince him as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, when I almost tripped over the amount of pain. A tear had run down my cheek and he gently wiped it away with his thumb. Our eyes was locked together. His deep green eyes I know I wouldn't forget, even if I tried.

"I'll help you lay down," he softly smiled as his arm snaked around my waist for support. He held me to the bed, despite all the mess. I couldn't help but smile slightly since I didn't deserve someone like him.

His hand brushed slightly over my cheek. "It looks like it's gonna bruise," he said and went to the kitchen to get some ice. He gently placed the ice cold pack on my face.

I winched when it hit my skin, both of us smiling. "I love you," I said.

"I love you more," he smiled.

He leaned down to me, our bodies closing in and pressed our lips together. My hands linked around his neck and I savored every second.

***

The next time I woke up, my pain was less excruciating than the first time and my apartment was cleaned up. I saw Harry crouched down on the trash can in the kitchen.