eighteen

Lydia

We were sitting in Paul's office, going over the details to our plan. The guys had gone through the plan at least five times and I zoned out after the third time. I was looking out the window at the tall view. People were passing by through the park, some were talking their dogs, some were jogging and some were just walking alone.

The sound of Paul closing his laptop seemed to snap me back to reality.

"I guess that's it. It's getting close now," Paul said, flashing everyone a smile.

All of us nodded along.

"The meeting is done, you can go now, he announced to us.

The guys walked out and I was just about to follow them when Paul called my name.

"Lydia, can I talk to you?" He asked me.

Before turning around, I quickly exchanged looks with Harry who signalized that he was going to wait for me in the lobby.

"Sure, what's up? I asked, trying to hide the hint of nervousness in my voice. I was terrified for my cover to be blown up.

"I just wanted to know if everything is alright at house with you and the guys?"

His question made me relax my tense shoulders. "Yes, it's going great. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, they're guys and they have their needs," he laughed and I joined him.

"That's true and nothing inappropriate has happened," I said.

"That's good and if anything happens, I want you to call me and I will slap some sense into them!" He joked.

The episode with Harry after Jayden's party came into my head, but I quickly brushed away the thought. It seemed like it was a one time thing.

"I will," I smiled.

"Great, let's call it a day."

I walked out to the lobby where Harry was casually leaned back on a
huge couch.

"What did you two talk about?" He asked curiously.

"Paul just asked me how it was living with you guys."

"And what did you answer?"

"That I am fucking miserable and that I am ready to kill myself any day now," I joked.

He let out a little laugh and playfully pushed me aside as we walked out to the car. He pulled out the keys and locked up the car and drove out. It was always Harry and I in one car and the three guys in the other one.

He pulled into our driveway and I stepped out of the car. I noticed a familiar tall blonde figure jogging towards me.

"Hey Lydia!"

"Hello Jayden," I smiled.

Jayden was about to answer me when the sound of a loud car door being slammed interrupted him. Both of us turned around to Harry, that quickly walked over to the front door.

"Lydia, I'm so glad I met you now. Lily wanted to invited you out tonight, but she didn't have your number," he said, slightly out of breath. Little droplets of sweat slid down on the side of his face. His light blue eyes stood out even more in the sun as a contrast to his dirty messy blonde hair and I couldn't help but stare.

"Anyways, a bunch of people in our group is going out down town tonight and we were wondering if you wanted to join us?" He asked.

My smile immediately widened. "Yes, I would love you to join you tonight. When and where?"