twenty four

Harry

I sat ready in the car when I saw my team running towards the car. What made me smile the brightest was that Louis had the silver briefcase in his hand, which meant that we got the shipment. My tense body relaxed as they jumped into the car.

"Drive for fucks sake!" Louis shouted as soon as everyone got in the car.

My feet pressed at the gas petal as hard as I could and drove out. The sound of the tires on the ground was left behind us.

"Duck!" Niall yelled and few seconds later, the sounds of shot was being fired against us.

I drove in zigzag movements to prevent them from hitting us until we were far enough from them and I drove normally again.

Louis opened the silver briefcase. The big amount of shiny diamonds in the briefcase made all of us speechless.

"Holy shit, that's sparkly!" Niall said in awe and dipped his hands in the diamonds.

"It looks like something My Little Ponies would throw up," Louis laughed, expecting all of us to laugh with him, but all of us looked weirdly at him. "Okay, never mind. My little sister used to play with those."

"Harry, drive around a little more. I have a feeling they could be around," Liam advised.

I nodded and drove through a lot of unnecessary alleys just to get rid of Madeline and Cooper's guys in case they were following us.

"FUCK YEAH!" Louis shouted outside the car window as we got into the freeway and I turned up the speed.

It was an indescribable feeling knowing that we had succeeded once again. More specifically, it was nice knowing that we succeeded without one of the guys getting hurt. It was getting harder and harder by every mission and we still managed to pull through. Three years and we still made it. Still, I had this weird feeling in my pit of my stomach telling me that something was wrong, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Did you see how strong Cooper's guys have gotten?" I asked, my hands gripped tightly on the steering wheel. My knuckles were bruised and scratched up, other than that I was fine.

"Yeah, the first time we fought with Cooper, we were just a bunch of little children new to the business," Niall chuckled.

"Those were the days, man," I smiled.

We drove for another half an hour, talking about the previous events. Niall was so proud of how he managed to knock out a guy twice his size, despite his swollen lip and bruised eye. And Liam kept going on how accomplished he felt that none of the guys managed to get shot this time either and then he kept babbling on about how he wanted go drop by Sophia's place since we were already in L.A.

"Let's call Paul," I said.

Liam nodded and picked up his phone to dial his number. He put it on speaker and waited a few rings before he answered.

"Hello?" He said on the other line.

We didn't even answer properly expect for cheering into the phone.

"I'm guessing you got it?" He chuckled.

"Indeed, we did! What are we going to do now?" Liam asked.