twenty three

Lydia

The past two days with Peter had been a lot easier than expected. He wasn't the angel child, but having Harry around to help me was a big help for me. With the baby around in the house, the three other guys seemed to be out for days. Harry and I didn't seem to mind it.

It was a late morning. Harry was making breakfast for the two of us while I was feeding Peter with the morning show playing in the background. It sounded like we were this couple that had just had a baby.

"How many eggs would you like?" Harry asked with his head inside the fridge. He was dressed in a plain white t-shirt and checkered boxers. Despite, a baby being here, his habits were the same.

"Two, thank you," I said, giving Peter one more spoon. He gladly took it in one mouthful before giving me a huge grin.

"Are you ready for the shipment arrival tomorrow?" He asked.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready for that," I sighed.

"I don't know what to except either," he said and set a plate with eggs and bacon in front of me as he sat down next to Peter and I on the bar stools.

"I am so nervous. I keep thinking over everything that can go wrong!" I whined, running my hands through my curls.

"Why would you do that?" He laughed.

"Because it's a bad habit of mine!"

"Worst case scenario, one or more of us dies, but it'll be alright," he joked.

"I hate you, Harry," I said.

"I love you too, Lydia," he grinned, pulling me into a hug and messing up my hair.

"No, but like seriously! I am not ready to be shot yet!" I panicked.

"Would you please calm down, you are not going to get shot!"

"You are the one who mentioned that someone could die!"

"But getting shot is not the only way to die. It could be a car crash, knocked out by huge guys. You know the possibilities are endless!" He said with a grin that was supposed to trigger me.

"I swear to God, Harry. If you continue I'll fucki-"

"Shh! No bad words, Peter is right here!" Harry interrupted me, pointed to the baby who was playing with a spoon in his hand.

"You are lucky that the baby is here," I said.

"Oh, what are you implying here?" He smirked.

"You're actually getting on my nerves here," I groaned.

"Like that is something new," he chuckled and started to do the dishes.

After our breakfast, we decided to take a calm afternoon and I wanted to spend the last hours I had with Peter before I had to drop him off at Christina's place. I did it mostly because I wanted to calm myself before hell broke loose.

The shipment was the reason why I was in this mess and I couldn't quite believe it was happening tomorrow. It all felt so surreal to me.

Peter grabbed my finger and tried to suck on it. I felt his tiny two teeth gnawing to my skin. His big brown eyes looked up on me before he gave a smile.

And then I thought of my conversation I had with Harry. I wanted children. I wanted an education, to have a job I was happy with and then later find someone I could spend my life with and have lots of children. Having a job like this is really risky. Anything could happen any day. What if I couldn't have the future I wanted?