43. True Crime Part 1

Aurora's P.O.V.

"Yo, Aurora! Chill the fuck out, goddamn!! Slow your crazy pregnant ass down, fuck is wrong with you, girl?"

I can hear Marshall's harsh voice from behind me as I practically march oitside of the venue like a mad woman on a mission.

I can hear the bewilderment in his voice too, and I can still see his lightly freckled face staring down at me intently, concern for me evident in those seemingly cold blue eyes while I was still on the phone with Alex, my mother.

The same woman that gave birth to me, with whom I've never had a normal relationship.

Like, at times, most of the time, actually, Alex is literally just Alex to me, and not even my momma.

We are not a mother and daughter duo at all, but more like... frenemies or something.

Nevertheless, after hanging up the phone with her and hearing what she had to tell me just now, I'm furious.

And scared.

Confused.

Tired.

Disgusted.

Terrified.

And ready to fight back.

So many things all at once, all of them leading back to the man I've once considered to be like a big brother figure in my life or something.

"AURORA!!" Marshall practically bellows behind me now, as he follows close on my heels. He grabs me by the elbow and spins me around to face him harshly, and he actually looks both angry and confused, he doesn't seem to understand why I'm keeping him in the dark about what I've just spoken to my mother about over the phone.

And something completely strange happens to me then, like this misplaced anger thing or something, but the very next thing I know, I'm slapping my boyfriend hard across the face, and almost instantly, I draw my hand back so that i could hit him again.

"Get away from me, Em!!" I hiss at him, a combination of pregnancy hormones and pure rage and fear running through my veins right now truly messing me up.

Just as I'm aiming to strike him again though, Marshall snatches up my wrist squeezing tightly with one hand, while his other hand flies up instinctively towards his face, rubbing the reddening spot on it where my palm had connected, his jaw moving slowly, clenching in anger that fires up in his eyes as well as he squints them at me.

Both of us staring at each other hard, then he brings me closer to him and whispers in my ear, "I swear to God, you lucky as shit that you are pregnant right now, Aurora. Cause I would've fucked you up for this shit. Fuck is wrong with ya crazy ass, bitch? You losing it?!" He pulls back and looks intensely right into my eyes.

But all I can think of is what my mom has just told me, and now i suddenly feel like I'm about to vomit so I swallow hard. Soon realizing that I don't JUST feel like I'm going to throw up, no, I actually AM about to throw up.