Chapter 137 : Rebel

Draupadi frowns looking at the letter in her hand. Yudhisthira is the same. Bheem is reading the letter over her head and Karna sitting with a fed up expression.

"I always knew he is going to be my worthy successor," Krishna smiles proudly.

"Of course. He is your favorite," Draupadi rolls her eyes, "I only send him to finalize a trade and he decided to travel to Patal Lok."

Abhimanyu smiles broadly. Satanika is the coolest brother.

"Why are you showing your teeth?" Draupadi shoots him a look and Abhimanyu's smile falls.

Draupadi hands the letter to Prativindhya. Sutasoma and Prativindhya looks at the letter and weren't quite shocked. Both of them sigh.

Draupadi cradles Lava and Kusha looking distressed.

"Panchali, they are also there. Rest assured," Bheem places a hand of assurance on her shoulder.

"They can't enter Patal Lok. Arya, Satanika is so reckless I don't ever send him alone. I send him to finalize a trade only. Look at the situation," Draupadi complains.

"Excuse me, sakhi! That's my nephew. If he needs help to fight, I would disown him. Let him handle it," Krishna says.

"I have seen him for a long time, Draupadi. Rest assured. He won't be harmed," Karna says.

Draupadi nods worriedly cradling her grandchildren.

"Jyest, is he really our brother?" Sutasoma groans leaving their parents chamber.

"Don't say this, Soma. We feel empty when he isn't around," Prativindhya chuckles.

"He only went to bargain a trade. What on earth happened that he reached Patal Lok?"

Prativindhya laughs only. Truly that's his nature. It's useless to complain. Satanika is bold, wild, untamable. That boy is so curious that if someone gives him poison he would drink it to check the taste. Prativindhya often worries about it.

"Soma," Prativindhya places his hand on Sutasoma's shoulder, "Pitashree are here. Kirti and Sena are there as well. There's absolutely nothing to worry."

Sutasoma nods, "I know Jyest. Still it's unbelievable. As if he never wants peace himself."

Prativindhya chuckles, "How is Maya?"

"She says she feels stuffed all the time. Last night she woke me up in midnight asking if she turns into a watermelon the next morning will I still love her or not!" Sutasoma dramatically throws his hands over.

"What did you say?" Prativindhya scoffs.

"I, of course said I would love her. But that made her mad more. She says that means I am looking for a second wife. I still don't understand the relation between her question and accusation,"

"Don't be harsh with her. She must be scared as the date of birth is nearing," Prativindhya says.

"Jyest,"

"Hmm?"

"So, our family will never have a daughter?"

Prativindhya's feather stops as he looks at Sutasoma. His eyes soft but his face saddens.

"Soma, it doesn't matter the gender. That will be our child,"

"I am not complaining. It's just I really wished for a daughter. Someone to spoil and pamper. Someone to love dearly,"

Prativindhya's heart pains as well. He also wishes there are daughters in the family. But they are cursed. Laxmi will never take birth in their bloodline. Only male warriors.