Chapter 178 : Shrutasena's Marriage

"Excellent choice, Krishnaa,"

Draupadi, Rukmini and Satyabhama high fives in unison. Three of them looking proudly at the attire and ornaments.

As they begin to prepare Nandini. She has her father's dark complexion and her mother's gorgeous forest green eyes. All the ornaments Draupadi selected looks amazing on her.

"Draupadi," Rukmini turns to her. Her voice heavy with emotions, "After today my Putri is always yours. Let me decorate my child for her life today. You get ready yourself."

Draupadi smiles gently. Her Jiji Rukmini has been crying from days. She stops then cries again. It has made her sakha distressed as well.

She leaves the chamber and sighs recalling the day she prepared her daughter. She was in similar state. Crying both from happiness and sadness. Still now she has treasured Suthanu's childhood dresses and dolls.

Suthanu is the joy of her life, the light in her darkness. She made Draupadi stand up for herself. Because she didn't want her daughter to learn to be meek and weak. To be her example she stood up against her husbands that time.

As she was walking down the corridor, she is met with Duryodhana and Bhanumati. Bhanumati's face twists in guilt just by seeing her while Duryodhana smirks.

"How are you, Duryodhana?" Draupadi asks first her voice cold but hatred clearly visible.

Duryodhana looks her from up and down and smirks, "You don't plan on aging, Bhabishree. Even looking at you my eyes get satisfied."

Draupadi isn't even surprised about how vile Duryodhana is being despite his wife standing next to him.

"And your foolishness keeps increasing as you age. You fool! You are standing in front of the mother of the dynasty. Be mindful how you talk,"

Draupadi has had enough. She isn't only his brothers wife anymore. She is the mother of the heirs of Aryavarta and the grandmother of their children. She is Samragni and now she is the Rajmata as well. The most respected position of a female. Her position is lot higher than Duryodhana.

Duryodhana's jaw clenches. His eyes narrow in anger.

"I shall see how long you hide behind Bhisma Pitamah," Draupadi's eyes glare straight at him.

"You are wrong, Draupadi. Pitamah isn't the flag of Hashtinapur. It's me, Duryodhana," he confronts.

"And that's the greatest misfortune of Hashtinapur," Draupadi walks away leaving Duryodhana fuming.

"Jiji ....."

Bhanumati calls her weakly from behind but Draupadi doesn't stop.

She looks at her husband who storms away from that place in anger. Bhanumati decides to follow Draupadi. She has some questions in her heart. Though Draupadi is furious at her for blackmailing Karna, noone can give her this answers aside from Draupadi.