Chapter 175 : Her Red Attire

In the morning, Draupadi is helping Yudhisthira get ready. While clasping his arm bracelets her mind is elsewhere.

"Priye," Yudhisthira lifts up her chin, "What are you thinking so early in the morning?"

"Arya, can I ask you something?" Draupadi asks.

Yudhisthira smiles in reply gesturing her to go on.

"Arya, I didn't think much of it all these years. You always made me sit on your left side. Your brothers do the same. If I sit on your right ever, you make me sit on left. Why is that?"

Yesterday Shivaya asked her about this curiously. Took her more than 35 years to look at this. Yudhisthira makes her sit on the left side of him on the throne. If she ever sits on the right of Bheema, he asks her to get up and make her sit on left. Arjuna is one step forward. He pushes her to sit on his left or pinch her waist. Nakula and Sahadeva also always pat to sit on their left.

Yudhisthira's eyes softens, "Took you more than 3 decades to notice?"

Draupadi is still confused, "I.. didn't think too much of it. But now I think you five were always extreme about this."

Yudhisthira softly touches her lips with his and whispers in her ear, "Kalyani, our heart rests on the left side of our chest."

Yudhisthira leaves the chamber leaving a stunned Draupadi behind.

It took her a few more moments to come to earth. Then her gaze lowers on it's own. Her lips curving an embarrassed smile. She looks fondly at his bed. Leaning on the pillow taking in his scent.

"Arjuna, let's get this finish. You and Sahadeva are left only," Bheema says.

"Thre people, Bhrata. Panchali must confess too," Nakula sings.

Arjuna grins, "Madhav has kept it a secret. He will make sure to make Priye confessed along us."

"She has secrets I don't know about!" Bheema jokes.

"Then where is Krishna?" Yudhisthira asks.

"The rest will happen after Shrutasena's marriage. Draupadi has started making preparations," Sahadeva says.

"And where's Jyest?" Arjuna asks.

Nakula and Sahadeva grins mischievously.

"What did you two do?" Bheema asks narrowing his eyes.

"Draupadi was looking someone to go to market..."

"Hail Narayana! I didn't visit her this morning," Arjuna sighs in relief.

"Hail my appetite. I was in the kitchen," Bheema prays in relief.

They didn't hear their Jyest but he mumbles something about hailing the Sabha.

Yudhisthira, Bheema, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadeva visibly stiffen. They wish and will go to heaven and hell beside their woman but not in market. Absolutely not in market.

There are so many beautiful clothes but she doesn't like even one. In her eyes even white has shades. Some reds are supposed to be fade and there are clothes mixed with cotton and silk not pure silk.

These all can be ignored. What can't be is her bargaining skills. Sometimes in past  she went to market with Bheema and Arjuna. She offers the seller a price that both couldn't wait to find a place to hide their faces in embarrassment. Even the shopkeeper looks at her baffled. And in their surprise, she buys in that price as well.

"One is bargain queen another Danveer," Bheema leans in praying for his Jyest Karna's mental wellbeing.

"Dasi, please prepare some sweet for Jyest. He might run his pressure low," Nakula scoffs.