Chapter 140 : Unable to Accept

Arjuna grins looking at the gorgeous white fur in his hands. His horse is as fast as wind. Arjuna feels like he has gone back to his days after marriage. When even she is away from his eyes for a few moments, his heart ached. He came back rushing for her also. It's too tough to stay away from her.

He arrived at the third quarter of night. The palace bell is still ringing. Guards straighten up seeing him and kneels.

"Give him a big rest," Arjuna caresses his horse.

He hurries his steps to her chamber. The guards aren't here tonight. Arjuna frowns. Where is she?

Arjuna enters to find an empty chamber. His face falls. There's still a faint smell of blue lotus in her chamber. The chamber isn't empty as he thought. Vrishaketu and Abhimanyu are sleeping soundly.

Arjuna's face hardens. Bheema is busy with Karna about an issue. He left Nakula and Sahadeva there. So she can only go to one place. Arjuna throws the white fur coat on the bed and storms out.

How could she leave just after he left? How could she hurt his feelings this way? How could she go to his brother when he is away?

His knuckles turn white outside Yudhisthira's chamber.

"Yuvraj, you can't enter. Samragni is..."

Arjuna shoots the guard a glare. Guards are in dilemma. Samragni instructed them clearly to not let anyone in except her children that too with permission.

Arjuna goes to push open the door again but is stopped.

"Yuvraj, please step away," a guard says.

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Arjuna bursts in anger.

"Yuvraj, we are only following commands,"

"I WILL BEHEAD YOU IF YOU UTTER ONE SINGLE WORD!"

Arjuna enters the chamber forcefully.

Draupadi moves a little. After Prativindhya was born, she became a very light sleeper still now. She feels herself moving.

Yudhisthira fragrance is gone. Did he wake up? She groans softly. She should be careful the next time to tease him. He tired her endlessly tonight. Where does he get his stamina from? No more jokes about this age stuff. She is the one receiving ends of these jokes.

Draupadi opens her eyes fluttering and is stunned seeing Arjuna.

"Ar..Arjuna? What...!"

She isn't completely out of her sleeping phase. In the corridor, Arjuna's face had night's darkness on it. He didn't reply to her rather he speds up his steps.

"Arjuna, when did you come? Where's Satanika? Nakula, Sahadeva and others..."

Draupadi is placed in the middle of the bed of his chamber. Her mind still hazy about everything. She slept with Yudhisthira in his chamber, didn't she? Where did Arjuna find her? She didn't go to the garden did she? She didn't fall asleep anywhere else.

"Why were you with Jyest?" Arjuna's voice boomed.

Draupadi gathers her loose garments first then frowns. Jyest...she was indeed with Yudhisthira.

"Where did you find me? I was sleeping beside him!" she asks.

"Why were you sleeping beside him?" Arjuna's full blown screams in anger.

Their conversation is interrupted by Bheema's angry punch on their chamber.

Without asking for permission Bheema furiously enters the chamber. His eyes travel to clueless Draupadi to furious Arjuna.