Chapter 154 : Through her eyes (part 2)

Arjuna sleeps in his chamber. After the last incident he and Draupadi aren't in talking terms. She ignores him bluntly without even looking at him. He knows his fire born's anger and stubbornness. And now that Yudhisthira is in the middle, her anger has multipled a lot.

Not only that, she is as protective as a tigress when it comes to their sons. Nothing weakens her in terms of them. Nothing matters to her when it comes to their wellbeing. She would never sacrifice their wellbeing and she definitely wasn't bluffing about leaving them. She is very much capable of that.

Arjuna though is dealing with this utter betrayal but he also knows there are so many things that he doesn't know. And until he is completely aware, he can't go and ask for apology from the bottom of his heart from anyone.

He travels to the back of time in his sleep.

"What?" Draupadi screams in panic her eyes widening in disbelief.

"It's true, Rajkumari. Pandavas along with their mother is burne...."

"Not another word!" Draupadi's ashens and dashes to her father's chamber.

Arjuna realizes she is talking about Lakshagriha incident. Where apparently they were supposed to burn to death. Even recalling that time gives him such sudden fit of anger. He and his brothers should have stormed to Hashtinapur that time and showed Kauravs their place.

Arjuna follows her.

"Pitashree..." Draupadi gets inside without even asking anyone.

Maharaj Draupad, Maharani Prisati, Dhristadhyumna all are sitting with a sad expression.

"Arjuna... Pitashree...are Pandavas really?" Draupadi asks tears already streaming down her face.

"Putri," Maharaj Draupad gently embraces his distressed daughter, "Putri, it's true..."

Arjuna's heart broke seeing her sobbing so painfully. Her sobs are heartbreaking to his ear. And this tortures him.

Draupadi shakes her head sobbing. Her heart refusing to accept the news.

"Pitashree...how is it possible? Jyest Pandava Dharmaraj Yudhisthira is famous for his foreseeing abilities. Youngest son Sahadeva can even see the future. The great archer of Aryavarta, treasured pupil of Dronachaya, Arjuna embraced death so easily? The strength of Pandavas, the strongest man to walk on earth, his arms couldn't protect his family? Nakula's knowledge didn't help them one bit?" Draupadi questions.

Her parents look at each other distressed over their daughter's state. Even they are shocked about the news.

"Putri, calm down. Death is inevitable..." Maharani Prisati says.

Draupadi shakes her head furiously, "Sakha...he must know ... Arjuna... isn't dead..he can't be...."

Her eyes hold extreme pain as she storms out the chamber.

"Dhristadhyumna, go with her. She is going to Dwarka..." Maharaj Draupad says.

Dhristadhyumna also runs to catch up with his sister.

Arjuna walks with them. Draupadi takes a carriage and immediately leaves in the dark of the night. Hurrying behind her, Dhristadhyumna also takes another carriage and follows her.

Her memory than takes him two years later. The last day in her swayamvar.

Arjuna decides to stand beside Krishna. He can look at everything from here. Beside Krishna is Draupadi's seat. Both friends talk throughout the entire swayamvar of 16 days.