Chapter 47

September 14th, 2006, Cullen Residence
_________________________________________

It was a very calm morning in the Cullen household.

Rosalie was outside with Renesmee, getting some fresh air and playing with the baby. She had a bright, happy look in her eyes as she played with the thig she dreamed about her whole life.

Emmett was reading the morning paper, often calling over Catherine to show her a funny comic.

Jacob was standing close to the window, eating a sandwich Esme had kindly made for him. He was watching Rosalie play with his imprint intensely, annoying Catherine greatly.

Catherine was sitting next to Emmett, painting her nails with a frown on her face.

Carlisle was reading something on his computer and Jasper was sitting on a windowsill, reading a book, glancing at Catherine as often as he could.

Bella and Edward entered the room, both extremely satisfied looks on their faces. Bella was leading Edward inside, pulling at his hand slightly.

"Wow," Emmett said, looking up from the paper with a cheeky grin. "Done already?" He asked the couple, wiggling his eyebrows.

Catherine laughed from beside him, nudging his knee with her foot.

"Where's Renesmee?" Bella ignored Emmett's antics as Edward stood behind her, running his hands up and down her arms.

"Blondie stole her," Jacob said in a whiny tone, still staring out of the window.

Catherine turned to see Rosalie kissing Renesmee's little fingers, a bright look on her face.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett kept teasing, putting down his paper for extra effect.

"Emmett..." Bella said in a warning tone. "No."

"Oh, come on, Bella, we're just playing... so... how big is he?" Catherine asked, standing up from her chair to put the nail polish back in it's cupboard, blowing her nails as she did so.

Bella's eyes widened slightly, her mouth falling open. "Catherine!" She exclaimed in shock, laughing in disbelief.

Catherine laughed and sat down on the table in front of Bella. "I'm just playing, I don't wanna know that," she shook her head slightly.

"Don't worry, honey. Emmett and Rosalie were WAY worse than you guys are. They were once gone for a whole week," Catherine glanced over at Emmett, who was just proudly grinning.

"Oh, come on, like you and Jasper haven't been getting freaky. Bella, let me tell you, they have been caught multiple times by all of us," Emmett retorted, playfully glaring at Catherine.

Catherine rolled her eyes and scoffed as she glared in Jasper's direction, narrowing her eyes at him.

"What is going on...?" Bella asked, noticing the room tensing up.

Edward read Catherine's mind and softly laughed, wrapping his arm around his wife.

"Catherine is mad at Jasper," he told his wife, a grin forming on his face.

"About what?" Bella's eyes were immediately worried, she hated the thought of her new family being even the slightest bit unhappy.

"He sat on her side of the couch and refused to move," Edward said, laughing at how petty Catherine actually was.

Bella tried to stifle her laughter, covering her hand with her mouth. Failing horribly.

"I already apologised," Jasper said, widening his arms as he stood up and put his book down.