Chapter 58

January 1st, 2007, Cullen Residence
_________________________________________

"Bye, Charlotte. I'm gonna miss you so much!" Catherine tightly hugged her friend as she and her husband got ready to leave again.

After the battle was won, the Cullens and their witnesses happily went home. There was no danger, no Volturi, no vengeful mates.

Everything and everyone were serene, calm.

Jasper and Catherine were sadly saying goodbye to their friends from the south. They wished to have them stay more, but Peter and Charlotte were just better off as nomads.

Zafrina and Senna were saying goodbye to Renesmee, the Denalis, along with Garrett, already left to go back to Alaska after lots of hugs and kisses.

"Why don't we meet up again this summer?" Peter asked from beside Charlotte with a fond smile.

"I would love that," Catherine let go of Charlotte before embracing Peter while Jasper hugged Charlotte behind her.

"You'll be missed," Jasper grinned while letting go of Charlotte and wrapping his arm around Catherine's shoulder.

"We'll send letters," Charlotte assured the couple while lightly squeezing Catherine's hand.

"All right, then. Safe travels," Catherine waved at their friends with a grin as they took a few steps towards the forest.

"You'll be hearing from us!" Peter shouted once before taking Charlotte's hand and running into the forest with her.

Catherine and Jasper stood in place until they couldn't hear Peter and Charlotte's footsteps anymore. Then, they turned to face each other.

Catherine smiled and raised her hand up to touch Jasper's cheeks as his hands went to her waist.

"How do you feel, darlin'?" Jasper caressed his thumbs over the sides of her ribs.

"I feel... I feel happy. I feel in love," Catherine stepped a little closer to him to their chests were touching.

"I love you Cathy," Jasper moved one of his hands up to the side of her neck.

"You're so beautiful," Catherine lovingly grinned up at her husband before pulling him down by the back of his neck.

Their lips brushed over one another's, breath mixing together, scents enveloping the other.

He moved a mere inch closer and then his lips were on hers. Her eyes closed, deeply breathing in while his lips moved against hers.

Catherine snaked her arms around his neck, pulling him almost impossibly closer to her. He pulled on her waist, arching her body into his.

"Catherine?" Jasper asked, slowing down his intoxicating movements, his lips still brushing against hers as he spoke.

"What, Jasper?" Catherine attempted to catch his lips again, but as she moved forward he moved back just as much.

"What would you feel about having a baby?" Jasper suddenly asked, surprising Catherine.

"Oh..." Catherine frowned in confusion while pulling back from her husband to properly look at him.

"You know that's not possible... right...?" Catherine skeptically asked while stroking her thumb on the side of Jasper's neck.

"What if it didn't have to be biologically ours?" Jasper asked, smiling at Catherine's blatant confusion.

"Adoption?" Catherine asked.

"Would that be such a bad idea?" Jasper replied with a happy smile.

"It's not a bad idea. But a kid...? In the house here with everyone," Catherine softly laughed.

"Then we move to Texas. We already have a house there. We could visit weekly," Jasper ran a soft hand through Catherine's hair.

"Are you sure about this?" Catherine asked with a nervous smile.

"Are you?" Jasper shot back.

"I think so...?" Catherine hesitantly grinned.

"That's great!" Jasper surprised Catherine by picking her up and spinning her in the air. Catherine happily squeeled while holding onto Jasper's shoudlers.

"How will we deal with the... y'know? Vampirism?" Catherine asked as she and Jasper stood against each other, both grinning widely.

"We'll tell them when they're old enough and have them decide if they wanna be like us when they turn 18," Jasper immediately replied.

"Sounds like you've been thinking about this for a while now," Catherine softly grinned while running her hair through Jasper's hair.

"I have been. I've also picked out a name," Jasper almost bounced from excitement.

"What is it?" Catherine asked. Jasper was so cute to her, how he was being so excited.

"Melanie," Jasper absentmindedly played with one of Catherine's hairstrands.

"Why Melanie?" Catherine fondly grinned.

"It means darkness. Darkness is associated with night. We're called 'children of the night' by humans. I thought it would be pretty fitting," Jasper explained.

"I like Melanie," Catherine softly touched Jasper's cheek.

"I love you, Catherine," Jasper wrapped an arm around her waist and held her tightly to him.

"I love you, Jasper."