Chapter 35

August 17th, 2006, Cullen Residence
_________________________________________

"Has anyone seen my heels? The black ones!" Catherine yelled as she ran through the house at vampire speed, pulling everything apart in her search for shoes.

Catherine was getting ready for the date she would have with Jasper. He was taking that evening, he insisted that he had a great surprise. It had been a while since the couple went out. First because of the newborn army, then because of all the wedding planning for Edward and Bella. Jasper had surprised Catherine by letting her know that they were going out together. The couple was exteremely excited.

Jasper was sitting on the couch, watching Catherine in amusement as she ran around, her hair done, nails done, makeup done, dress on, just no shoes.

Alice ran down the stairs with a pair of black heels in her hands. "I borrowed them! Here they are!" Alice handed Catherine her shoes back. Catherine sighed in relief and embraced Alice tightly, thanking her.

Catherine walked over to one of the dressers and looked in the mirror. She started putting on her jewelry as Jasper watched her from behind her on the couch.

Catherine wore her necklace with the Cullen crest on it, earrings Jasper got her for their 50th anniversary, her wedding ring and the engagement ring that Jasper got her a long time ago, one of the many promise rings Jasper had given to her and a silver, diamond bracelet she had gotten from Esme and Carlisle.

Jasper stood up from the couch, looking very dashing in a light blue buttoned shirt, black slacks and a black tie. He walked towards Catherine and took her hand as he reached her. Catherine smiled at him as he scanned over her body and... clothing.

Catherine's dress^^^

"Beautiful," he whispered as he twirled her. Catherine giggled at his starstruck reaction. "You know how much I love purple on you, Cathy," he cooed as he kissed the side of her neck. "So beautiful," Jasper repeated as his hands slid down to her waist.

"Sometimes I still can't believe that you're my wife," Jasper beamed as he turned Catherine around so her back was against his chest. Catherine was now facing the mirror so she saw Jasper standing behind her, his eyes on her face. His hands were clasped together infront of her stomach as he tightly held her against him. Some of his hair fell over his face as he studied her. Catherine also saw herself, clad in a tight fitting purple dress. Her hair was in a fancy updo that absolutely screamed Catherine and her jewelry shined the same way her skin did in the sun.

Catherine placed her hands on top of Jasper's and leaned back against him. "Sometimes I can't believe you're my husband," Catherine turned her head away from the mirror to look at her husband. "You're so pretty," she teased as she kissed his pale, cold cheek. "You're a darling," she whispered while wiping the red lipstick off his cheek.

"I love you," Jasper looked down at her, his eyes overflowing with love. He kissed her jaw as his arms tightened around her waist.

"We should leave, baby. If we keep standing here we might not make it out the door," Catherine unwrapped his arms around her waist. Jasper tightened them again and pulled her against him. "Would that be so bad?" Jasper whispered in her ear before biting the lobe.