Chapter 17

March 20th, 2006, Forks
_________________________________________

The group of four was driving inbetween the trees, going to the Cullen residence. Alice was driving, Catherine was in the passenger seat and Bella and Edward were in the backseat.

They were all happy to be back in Forks. Bella because she could see her dad again and because the Cullens were back, Edward because he was able to be with Bella again and Catherine and Alice because they were excited to see their husbands and family again.

They had agreed to drop Bella and Edward off at Bella's house before the two vampire woman would drive home. Edward wanted to apologise to Charlie, for leaving and for hurting Bella.

"Thank you. For coming to check on me and then bringing us to Volterra. I can't express how thankful I am." Bella smiled at them, Edward had gotten out of the car and went to get her bag from the trunk. "It was our pleasure. Now go home, and say hi to Charlie for me." Catherine grinned at Bella, waving when the mortal got out of the car and took Edward's hand.

Catherine jumped out of the car as soon as it stood still. She ran inside the house at vampire speed, the others already walking over after hearing the car approach.

"Jasper!" She excitedly exclaimed while jumping in his arms, hugging him tightly. "Hey, darlin'." His arms snaked around her waist as he held her close to him. "I missed you so much!" She happily said while peppering a few kisses on his cheeks.

"Five days is too long to be away from you." She whispered against his cheek. "Way too long, isn't it?" He answered while resting one of his hands on her cheek. "I missed you so much." He whispered before kissing her. Her arms wrapped around his torso, hugging him close to her.

"Okay, let go, my turn." Catherine was pulled away from her husband by Rosalie. The blonde tightly hugged her sister. "I missed you more than Jasper did!" She happily exclaimed. "I missed you too!" Catherine responded with a grin.

"You miss me more than you missed Jasper?" Rosalie asked with a cheeky smile while pulling away from te hug, keeping Catherine at arms lenght. "Oh my dear Rosalie. I'm afraid that that's going a bit far." Catherine answered while resting a hand on her heart.

"Ha! Suck it Rosalie!" Jasper said from behind Catherine, taking his wife's hand and pulling her away from Rosalie. "Hi, Cath!" Emmett pulled Catherine away from Jasper again, causing the blonde to loudly groan.

After hugging all of her family members, Catherine was finally alone with Jasper. He had pulled her to their room, away from their family, wanting to avoid any interruptions.

"How was Volterra?" He asked her while she walked to their record cabinet. She flipped the records, trying to find one she wanted to listen to. She eventually chose Jasper's favorite and put it in the record player, turning it on.

Soft, classical music played through the room, Catherine stood up and walked over to Jasper, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Volterra was sunny, as always." She mumbled while slowly leading him into a dance. "I think Aro was happy to see me, which I didn't expect." She explained while he placed his hands on her waist.

"And how was flirting with the officers?" He smirked at her, obviously teasing her. "Oh, it was fun, I certainly enjoyed that." She sarcastically answered while jokingly rolling her eyes. "I most definitely prefer flirting with my sweet, sweet husband, though." She flirted while she flashed him her famous grin.

He pulled her a little closer so his mouth was next to her ear before whispering. "Good, I know that you did what you had to, to save Edward, that, howerer, does not mean that I have to accept or enjoy it. Because you are mine, and mine only, forever." Before kissing her ear.