Chapter 25

June 12th, 2006, Cullen residence
_________________________________________

Catherine was lying down in her and Jasper's bed. Her head was on the left pillow as she was lying diagonally, so her feet were on the right side of the bed. Jasper had his head on her stomach as he layed sideways across the bed. He had propped up one of his legs while the other dangled off the bed. He was shirtless, just for comfort. ;)

Catherine was running her slender fingers through her husband's dirty blonde locks. He had his eyes closed in bliss as he nuzzled into her hand. His hand had moved to rest on her knee, softly squeezing and rubbing her clothed leg.

"We should get up." Catherine mumbled, she was staring up at the ceiling. Jasper kept his eyes closed and only hummed in response. "Carlisle will get mad at us if we don't get up." She mumbled, this time Jasper responded.

"Let him be mad." She could hear the annoyance in his voice. She giggled and softly tugged his locks. "We have to get up." She tried to sit up, choosing to ignore his groan when she pulled his hair. He didn't let her sit up, instead he grabbed her wrists and pushed them down on the bed as he leaned his head on her chest. His full body weight was on top of her.

She laughed and tried to pull her arms away from his tight grips. "Jas, Jasper we have to get up. Come on." She tried to convince him through her laughter. She felt Jasper's grin against her skin as he hid his face from her. "Honey, get up, c'mon." She nudged him with her knee.

He sat up slighty and raised his head to look at her. "Do you wanna run away with me?" He suddenly asked, catching her off guard. She laughed and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What? Honey, what are you talking about?" He let go of her wrists so her hands moved from the bed to rest on his waist.

"We should run away. Leave the newborn army far behind us. Move to Texas. Live our lives on a sunny farm, away from people. We could eat the animals once they're grown, sell the crops to people. We could start over. You and I, just us, my darlin'." He solemnly said before moving so he was sitting next to her on the bed. He grabbed her hands and kissed them both.

"I want nothing more than that." Catherine said. "This is the moment you say "but"." Jasper filled in for her. She chuckled softly and nodded. "Sadly, you're right." She placed her hand on his cheek. "We, especially you, are needed here. We have a family here." She caressed his cheek. He leaned into her touch and closed his eyes.

"I know it's not realistic. It's just somethin' I think about every once in a while." He sighed and took her hand off his cheek and folded it in his. Catherine sat up slightly and nudged Jasper's leg with hers. "We could always take a little vacation? After the battle with the newborns, we could go to Texas for a little while. You could show me around the place you grew up. People's heads wouldn't turn in confusion if they saw you in a cowboy hat."

Jasper smiled at her in appreciation and moved his hands to her waist. He kissed her nose before rubbing it with his. "You always know exactly what to say." He shortly kissed her lips while her hands rested on his shoulders. "I would love to go to Texas with you." He kissed her again and pulled her closer to him, pulling her onto his lap.

She giggled and sat in his lap, leaning her hands onto his bare shoulder for support. He squeezed her waist and deepened the kiss before they were interrupted, yet again.

Carlisle was outside their door, knocking. "Come on, we have to go!" He shouted. Catherine groaned and got off Jasper before walking towards the door. She opened it before telling Carlisle. "We'll be right there." Carlisle nodded amd turned around. He yelled over his shoulder. "Hurry!"

Catherine closed the door and turned around to see Jasper laying on the bed, hands behind his head as he grinned at her. "I told you he would be mad!" She hissed as she threw him a shirt. To her dismay, he caught it. He laughed and put on the shirt while Catherine also changed hers.