Chapter 19

June 8th, 2006, Forks
_________________________________________

"Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked, the Cullen family was standing in the forest, waiting for Victoria to make an appearance. Oliver stepped closer to Alice, who was staring off into the distance. Jasper stood about two feet from Catherine, he had a tight grip on her hand.

"Alice knows what she saw." The red-head defended his wife. "If she isn't here in 15 minutes, I'm leaving." Rosalie sighed and crossed her arms. "No, you are not going anywhere!" Oliver shouted. "Bite me!" Rosalie retorted before scoffing. "Settle down!" Carlisle scolded.

"She's almost here." Alice quickly said. They stood there in silence, waiting for a sign of Victoria. Jasper squeezed his wife's hand, making her look at him, he nodded at her and then let go of her hand, ready to run.

"On your left!" Alice broke the silence, the Cullens jumped into action and all ran left. Emmett and Jasper were closest to Victoria, since they were the fastest, the rest trailed close behind. Catherine could see Emmett grasp for the red-headed vampire, but she flung him over his shoulder, into a tree.

Right when they were at a cliff, Victorie jumped to the other side. Wolf territory. The vampires all screeched to a halt, not daring to jump over the river. "Wait! She's in their territory." Carlisle held out a hand to stop Emmett from jumping over.

They saw Victoria running away, the wolves chasing after her. They all followed incase she jumped to their side again. "She'll get away!" Esme yelled. "No, she won't!" Jasper sped up, the wolves were close to Victoria. One of them almost bit her shoulder when she jumped to the Cullen side again.

Victoria jumped from tree to tree, trying to escape. Jasper surprised her by following, accidentally snapping a tree in half. They jumped towards each other and Jasper grasped for Victoria, but she kicked him before he could get her. Jasper fell on the ground, sliding on the leaves before jumping up again.

Catherine looked over her shoulder to see if he was okay, after he nodded at her, she ran faster. She was closer to Victoria than anyone else. She reached her hand forward, trying to grab the redheaded vampire, before she felt a bony hand grab hers. Before she could react, she was punched in the face before her feet were swept out from under her. She harshly fell on the ground.

She snarled and sat up, but it was too late, Victoria was already too far for Catherine to reach her. Her family chased after Victoria.

"Are you okay?" Jasper was at her side in a second. He had placed a hand on her arm to help her up. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Catherine mumbled while Jasper wrapped an arm around her waist. "I'm completely fine, let's go!" Catherine suddenly snapped, grabbing Jasper's hand and pulling him towards their family.

They saw Emmett, in a trance, only focused on Victoria to make her pay for trowing him against the tree. What he didn't notice, was that Victoria had jumped over the river again. Without a second thought, he jumped after her. "Emmett, no!" Rosalie yelled after him, but it was already too late.

Emmett almost landed on wolf territory when a big, brown wolf pushed him back, into the water. They angrily growled and snarled at him, giving Victoria the oppurtunity to escape. Emmett was panting and hissing at the wolves, he was now completely soaked.

"Emmett, get back here now!" Rosalie shouted down, Emmett glared at the wolf, Paul, before jumping up, onto the cliff side. He tried to wrap an arm around Rosalie when they turned to walk home, but she pushed him away.

"You're gonna shower first, then you can touch me, you smell like dirty water and wet dog." She said whilst pinching her nose shut. Catherine let out a short laugh before wrapping her left arm around her husband. They trailed behind their family slightly.