Chapter 57: Misunderstanding or Something More??

Attention: Please read the note at the end of the chapter, as it will decide the fate of the next chapter.
______________________________________

"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can.... that's what makes it so beautiful"
- Roy Mustang.
______________________________________

"Rimuru POV:"

Right now, we are about to head outside. After stopping them, I brought both of them to my house and gave them a good scolding. I also told them that I have thought of some punishments for them, but that will not be happening now; they will come later. So, I'll let it slide for now.

Currently, we are heading outside to show Milim the city since it is her first time visiting after the city was built. I decided to show her around. With me are Ciel and Milim. Veldora is in his room, probably hiding his manga, thinking that, as punishment, I will take them away later. And Shizue... well, she is sleeping because she is exhausted.

I am going to introduce Milim to everyone in the city, just like I did with Veldora. For that, I have already ordered Rigurd to gather everyone in the city square. It will take some time to gather everyone, so in the meantime, I decided to give Milim a tour around the city.

As we started to wander around the city, Milim's eyes sparkled with excitement. She marveled at the bustling marketplace, the beautifully crafted buildings, and the diverse inhabitants. Children playing in the streets waved at us, their laughter filling the air. Milim waved back enthusiastically; her joy was practically overflowing.

We passed by various shops and stalls, each showcasing unique goods and crafts. Milim stopped frequently, asking questions and admiring the wares. She was like a kid at a festival, excitedly exploring and getting new toys. The merchants were more than happy to explain their products and share stories about the city's development.

Milim was particularly delighted by the food stalls. We stopped at plenty of them, eagerly trying every single dish. She devoured everything with gusto and declared that she liked each one very much. The variety and flavors seemed to fascinate her, and she was always eager for the next bite.

What she liked most, however, were the sweets. Whenever we passed by a dessert stall, her eyes would light up with excitement. She tasted candies, cakes, and pastries with pure delight, savoring each sugary treat with a wide smile on her face. It was clear that the sweetness of the desserts brought her immense joy, and she couldn't get enough of them. Her face lit up with pure ecstasy as she indulged in her favorite sweets.

Eventually, we reached the central park, a lush green space filled with vibrant flowers and towering trees. Milim ran ahead, her excitement evident. She twirled around, taking in the sights and sounds of the lively park.

After spending some time in the park, we continued our tour, visiting important landmarks and meeting more of the city's residents. Milim's enthusiasm never lessened, and it was clear she was thoroughly enjoying her first visit.

Finally, after a very delightful tour for Milim, we made our way to the city square, where a large crowd had already gathered. The atmosphere was electric, filled with anticipation and curiosity.

As we entered the town square, everyone bowed, showing respect to me. Returning the greetings, I acknowledged the crowd before guiding Milim to the stage.

After gazing over the assembled citizens, I took a deep breath, ready to introduce Milim to everyone and officially welcome her to our nation. The crowd's murmurs quieted as I stepped forward to address them. With a steady voice, I began to speak.