Chapter 48: Return To Goblin Village.

'Rimuru POV:'

It's been a few weeks since we returned from Dwargon.

Upon our return, we found a group of goblins gathered around our village; there were around a total of 716 goblins and goblinas combined.

They came here after hearing that we had taken this village under our protection, named all of the villagers, and tamed direwolves. While I anticipated their arrival, I didn't expect so many. Nevertheless, we welcomed them all and made them citizens of our village, naturally giving each one a name.

After assigning roles to every goblin, I promoted Rigurd to the position of Goblin King, tasking him with overseeing all of the goblins. Later, I selected certain goblins and granted them the title of goblin lord. Additionally, I handpicked individuals to lead specific departments; for example, Ririna became the head of the agriculture department, Gobichi took charge of the food department, and Rigur assumed leadership of the security and supplies department.

I chose not to appoint Gobta as the head of the security department at this time because he is currently too clumsy and immature. Instead, I assigned him under Rigur as second in command to gain experience. However, this doesn't mean Gobta has no responsibilities; he still has important duties under Rigur's guidance.

Well, that's the situation with the goblins. Now, it's almost time for Shizue's return; she should be here soon. However, I can still sense that lazy lizard is with Ramiris, probably just reading manga and slacking off. He needs to go to Grynd and inform her that I've summoned her, as it's a matter of utmost importance! I'll need to remind that old man to hurry up.

"Old man!!!" (Rimuru)

I just sent a [Thought Communication] to Veldora, and he better answer it or else I'll have to do something.

"*No response*" (Veldora)

Damn that otaku dragon! If that's what he wants, then that's what he gets. So here it goes.

...And done! I just sent a small amount of [Turn Null] energy to him through our soul corridor. It's like getting shocked; it will feel to him like he just got a mini shock. Actually, it works like this: first, I send a tiny amount of [Turn Null] energy to him through our soul corridor, and this energy directly hits his core, giving him the same feeling as when a human gets shocked by a small taser gun.

"What is wrong with you, Rimuru?!" (Veldora)

"Take that, old man! That's what you get for not answering me." (Rimuru)

"What happened? Why did you just shock me?" (Veldora)

"I did that because you didn't respond to me! Anyway, did you finish whatever you were doing with Ramiris or is it still left?" (Rimuru)

"No, I don't." (Veldora)

"What are you doing anyway?" (Rimuru)

"I am learning light magic!" (Veldora)

"Don't lie to me! I know that you are not doing that; you were just reading manga and passing time, weren't you?!" (Rimuru)

"N...no, no, I don't know what you're talking about. I swear I was just learning magic!" (Veldora)

"I don't buy it, but for this once, I'll let you go. So tell me, when are you planning to go to Grynd and tell her that I had called her?" (Rimuru)

"Do I seriously need to? Can't you just use a [Thought Communication] like how you send me?" (Veldora)

Well, he has a point. But if I do that, then he'll have nothing to do, and who knows what trouble he and that pixy together will cause. These two idiots will probably do something that I'll need to fix, and right now, I don't have time for their babysitting. So it will be a good way to waste some of his time.