Chapter 7: Playing With Flames.

"Third person POV:"

In the middle of the grassland, two individuals stand facing each other, their gazes locked in a tense exchange. They are none other than Scorch Empress Velgrynd and The Silver Primordial Rimuru Tempest.

The atmosphere crackles with anticipation as they prepare to engage in battle.

"Rimuru POV:"

"Let's fight," Velgrynd said to me.

Again, why am I in this situation?

*Flashback*

"Rimuru, Rimuru, save me, save me! The devil is coming!" Veldora came at me, shouting loudly.

It has been nearly one year since I met Veldora, and it turns out he is a very good friend that I can count on, well, not anytime, but from time to time.

All this time, we've stayed together, and I've realized that Veldora is like a child at heart, even though he looks like a man. Compared to when we first met, he has matured a lot.

Initially, he was like a wild beast who would do what he wants. After my evolution, I decided to visit the human country because I was bored of sitting in the forest for so long.

But when I told Veldora about our plans, he said, "What is there to see? They are like ants. We can just crush them when we want; they can do nothing at all. They are not strong either."

I mean, he is right about some things, like they are weak and can do nothing like that, but still, they have their own value.

I had to give him a lecture on how life is important to humans compared to us. They have a short lifespan, which is why they are so greedy, but that's their nature, and it makes them who they are.

I know that survival of the fittest is the law in this world, but as a former human, I still have sympathy for them. But I am not naive to think that humans are good people. I know that they have some bad people too because I was killed by a human in my past life, and if the need ever arises, I will not hesitate to kill humans.

But after that, I taught a lot of things to Veldora, and now he has become a mature person, but still acts like a child. I guess it's natural for him to act like this because being the manifestation of a storm, his nature is like a storm—raging and chaotic. But if someone guides him properly, he will become a great person and strong too. And he has a lot of potential in him to become strong.

In this short amount of time, we became good friends, and we fight a lot, and he has grown a lot too. A lot means he can beat his previous self pretty easily. And with me and Raphael, he is perfectly mastering his two unique skills too.

And now he is coming here, shouting like someone is after his life. I can sense that his sisters are coming here, and I know that he is so scared of his sisters, but jeez, why can't this guy keep his voice down? Doesn't he see that I am reading something?

"What is it, Veldora? What do you want? And if this is about your sister, then don't worry, I am here, and I'm pretty sure that I can defeat at least one of your sisters," I said to him. Actually, I can defeat both of his sisters if I use my full power and all my skills at the same time, but the aftereffects will be too much for this world to bear.

"Well, if you say so. It's not like I'm scared of my sister or anything; it's just that I was worried she might do something to you. That's it, nothing more," Veldora said to me.

And here it is, the typical Veldora that I know. He's obviously scared of his sister, but he will never admit it. What a guy. Well, it doesn't matter now, I guess. He's my friend, and I have to look after him.