☆ epilogue one ☆

may twenty first

margot was slightly freaking out. she had gone between the same three outfits so many times in the past hour that she was now confused which pieces she'd paired together in the first place.

awsten was hosting a small album release party in his apartment in three hours and she still wasn't dressed.

olive, who had, of course, been ready for hours, was sprawled across her bed, watching tiktok on her phone. she'd given up trying to help margot pick out something to wear when she started raising her voice. it wasn't her fault though! she needed tonight to be perfect so she didn't ruin this for awsten.

margot finally sighed and chose at random with her eyes closed. that couldn't possibly be any worse that her choosing with her own free will.

she was as happy as she could be with what she picked up. it was a white linen dress with lace across the top that hit mid thigh and had little cutouts around the bottom edge. she put a long black sleeve top underneath and paired it with her black docs and long white socks.

she was lucky she'd done her hair already, just needing to straighten it, so she could tie back some of it with a black bow.

she preferred black and white on her because it really made her ginger hair pop.

olive sighed when she finished getting dressed, "are you good to go yet? we have like two hours left and i'm pretty sure you still have stuff you need to do."

"..." margot paused. "would you be mad at me if i said i still had to do my makeup?"

olive groaned and rolled over.

"i'll hurry! promise!" margot said, and then scurried into the bathroom. she rushed through her makeup routine, glad she'd done it for so long that it was basically second nature.

she decided against any special eye makeup and just did winged liner and slapped a bunch of glitter in her inner corner and slightly onto her eyelid.

she stepped back out into her bedroom and spun around, "good?" she asked. olive gave her a thumbs up and margot put all her jewelry on.

"okay. i think i might be ready." margot said.

"good, because the florist is like 45 minutes away." olive said, standing up and pushing her out of the room.

"okay, okay! i get it! i'm going!" margot said, grabbing her keys and the card she'd gotten for awsten. by the time they made it out to her car, they would be pushing it a little on getting there early like she wanted. oh well.

still, she tried not to speed on the way to the flower shop. it felt a little silly being the one to get flowers, but awsten deserved them. he refused to let her hear anything beyond the singles, but what she'd heard was fantastic. she could tell just how much time and effort he'd put into it and it truly paid off.

she was extremely excited to hear the full thing, especially considering awsten had mentioned a surprise for her. she figured it was the only other song he'd played for her, which was still her favorite.

she was lowkey stressing out by the time they made it to the shop. the flowers turned out amazing, though, and she hoped he liked them.

it was silly to care if he'd like them, especially when they'd been dating for so many months, but who could blame her.

the bouquet was mainly pink, yellow, and orange flowers, with smaller white and light blue flowers mixed it to break up the brighter colors. she almost wished she could keep it for herself because it had turned out so well.