23: Funeral

23

Kelly

I'm standing over Annabelle's coffin tears rolling down my face. I might not have known this woman but that doesn't stop me from feeling this overwhelming sadness. For someone I don't know, all I hope is that she was saved.

Asher puts a hand on my back, "You, okay?"

"Yeah, I didn't know her but that doesn't stop me from getting emotional." I sighed. Willow walks up to us, "Mom?" I looked to see her with Leon in her arms.

"Yes, sweetie?" 

"Leo, won't stop crying I think he misses his mother or he's hungry." She said and I looked down the small baby in her arms, his face is scrunched and red, "Give him to me." She gently put him in my arms and her and Peter leave bringing Clemetine with them.

Asher watches carefully as I try and sooth Leo in my arms. "It's okay, sweetie. Your mother might not be here anymore but we're here for you." I cooed, from the corner of my eye I see Asher staring at me with this look I don't know how to explain.

Was it Love? I haven't been in a relationship in a while since the passing of my husband, "Do you want to hold him?" I put Leo in his arms before he could say anything, and he gladly accepted. Leo calmed down and stared up at Asher with his big blue eyes.

The little baby in his arms burst in a fit of laughter.

"Looks like little Leo likes you." I giggled, Asher laughed, "Yeah, well I am going to be his stepfather after all." He said turning his head toward me.

"Someone's confident." 

"Well, you need to be confident when you're pursuing someone you attend to marry." He said not breaking eye contact with me. I can feel my cheeks warming up, "Yeah." Was all I said smiling and focused my attention back on Leo to see him asleep.

"I guess he feels comfortable with you." Asher gaze returned to Leo, and he grinned.

"Nice to know he's comfortable with me."

Willow

Peter and I are sitting on the grass waiting for mom and Asher to come out. I see Clementine standing a few feet away from us looking up at the sky. Peter tapped me on the shoulder making me turn my head to him, "So, she will be your stepsister?" He asked nodding his head toward Clementine.

Shrugging, I said, "Not sure, but I hope so because I don't want my mom to be single forever. Like that's her choice if she wants to be but I want her to be happy with someone." A bright smile appeared on my face thinking my mom's happiness.

Peter smiled and glanced down at our hands, his hand is close is almost touching my hand, "Willow?" He looks at me with this serious look, "Yes, Pete?" I tilted my head not letting the smile leave my face, but also hoping it's nothing bad.

"I was thinking?" He starts.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out for lunch tomorrow?" My eyes widened, well I wasn't expecting that, I stared at him for a few minutes. He actually looks nervous which is an expression I rarely see on him.

I snapped out of my shocked faze and smiled widely, "YES!" I shouted which caused Clementine to jump and look over at us confused.

Peter laughed and nodded.

"Okay, I'll pick you us around 1:25 p.m.." He said and I nodded in excitement holding in a squeal. Mom and Asher walked out of the church, and we all went home. On the way home I told mom about Peter picking me up tomorrow.

'Is this a date?' I thought but then I laughed in my head because I know he asked me as a friend, and I can't 'date' until I'm eighteen years old and he knows this.

I'm still excited though!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

God bless you :)

ESV 1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.