25

JADA

JADA

I finally stop crying long enough for my dad to help me stand up and I wiped my face and looked up at my dad.

"Jad what's wrong?" my dad asked

"I have to tell you something and I'm so so sorry" I said

"What? What's wrong?" my dad asked

"I'm.. I'm pregnant daddy" I said my dad turned and entered the house, slamming the door behind him in the process. "Daddy, wait, I..." I followed him inside and he went upstairs threw the hallway and I found him in his study looking out of the window, his back tense and arms braced against the frame." Daddy?" He didn't turn around.

"Goddamn it, Jada. Are you so set on ending up like HER? Over a fucking man," my dad muttered to himself, shaking his head.

"Daddy please" I said

"No I wanna know you know what your mother did do I need to remind you" my dad said

"No but daddy" I said

"No I do need to remind you, you have so much of your mother in you and it scares me. You look like her, you have her free spirited fighter attitude. But I don't want you to be like Dara. Dara always wanted everything the world had to offer. I was never enough, but I was okay with that. Just being with her made me feel special, but after awhile, your love for someone can't carry an entire relationship." My dad said he had to stop for a moment. He had tried hard over the years to forget his past relationship with my mom.

"Daddy" I said but he waved me off.

"When she ran off with that guy, I wanted to kill her. For leaving me, for leaving our kids, you and your brother. That guy was no good for her and now she's all damaged goods. On drugs last I heard. How does that happen? She was such a sweet girl when I first met her all those years ago. Just like you are now well was. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose you one day. You're so naive and impulsive and constantly doing things that scare the hell out of me. Like you're daring the world or something. God, if anything ever happened to you, I'd die." My dad said

"Daddy please" I said but was cut off again.

"Is it me?" my dad asked turning and looking at me. "Am I not a good father?"

"It's not you daddy," I said

" I know I don't say much and have never been the overly affectionate type, but I do notice things. Tell me who's the father? Is it Jermaih?" my dad asked

"Daddy" I said looking down at my hands. Then I moved it to my stomach this baby is going to be the death of me. "I gotta throw up" I ran out of the room right to the bathroom and started throwing up, I could feel my dad at the door watching me then when I was done flushing he helped me up and I washed out of my mouth. My dad pulled me to him and hugged me tight. "I will not be like her daddy I promise" I hugged him back just as tight.